What's new

$1.99 Screw Top Shaving Soap Bowl

I have collected several shaving soap refills and pondered for some time about suitable storage bowls. Nice wooden or stainless steel bowls can be expensive.
I happened to be at the local supermarket "Woolworths" and spotted these neat screw top one cup storage containers. Next day I took in a puck of Geo. F. Trumper's Coconut Oil and it fitted perfectly with less than 1 mm gap. I bought some and then cut out the box label and affixed it to the top of the lid with craft glue.

Not bad for $1.99!

View attachment 161000

Fantastic! They look great!

Which brand are they? I don't see those ones at my Woolies :(
Might have to take a much closer look next time im there.

Hope you are enjoying the soaps.

Hi Nav,

"Home Essentials" label, packed especially for Woolies. They are in the food storage containers section. They hold 250ml or one cup.

Now that I have them in a bowl I can try the Trumper's Coconut Oil tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the good deal on the shaving soaps. I put the Vulfix lavender in an "Old Spice" mug. The shave was very smooth.

Thanks.

Thanks, ill check it out.

No worries, glad you like them. The Vulfix is great. My damn skin reacted to the lavender even though its so light! I only got to enjoy the results for the one shave though :(

The Trumpers soaps are fantastic!!!

I didn't know Woolworths was still around. The ones around here have been gone for a good 15 years or more.

I milled a puck of Williams and a puck of VDH and put them both in a McCormick grillmates rub container that I washed out. Small plastic container with a screw on lid.

I didn't know Woolworths was still around. The ones around here have been gone for a good 15 years or more.

It's the largest supermarket in Australia. It is also regarded a blue-chip investment and a "safe haven" in an economic downturn, which was certainly true during the GFC!

2nd place is Coles and others are Franklins and IGA (Independant Grocers of Australia).

I milled a puck of Williams and a puck of VDH and put them both in a McCormick grillmates rub container that I washed out. Small plastic container with a screw on lid.

I've got 3 containers of that in the kitchen. I may have to grill this weekend to empty them out! LOL

Tons

Top Bottom