What's new

Castle Forbes Cedar - Sandalwood

Got a sample from Gary today and couldn't wait to try it! Lathered good but I didn't care for the smell! Love my lavender though! Next to try is the Lime. Good it didn't cost me but a couple of dollars!

Its pretty much straight up cedar which I love. I have gotten rid of all my CF stuff but really miss the ASB. The limes is one of my favorite lime scents though right behind Trumpers.

I have a jar of the Cedarwood/Sandalwood. I have used about 85% of the jar and it is every bit as good in the lather department as the lavender and better than the lime(just my opinion on the latter). I too get a single note cedar scent from this cream. If there is sandalwood in it my undisciplined nose cannot detect it. I like it for performance but the scent is unremarkable. Now the lavender version I find to have a scent that must be heaven sent. It is a real favourite. Unfortunately, I have made a promise to myself not to restock the lavender till the C/S is gone.

Regards, Todd

The hard part about cedarwood is that it pretty much dominates all other scents in a soap/cream. I make a soap with cedarwood and bergamot and you have to strain your nose to detect the bergamot. Other scents can certainly temper the cedarwood, but it is almost always going to be dominant.

I have a jar of the Cedarwood/Sandalwood. I have used about 85% of the jar and it is every bit as good in the lather department as the lavender and better than the lime(just my opinion on the latter).

+1. I love the CF lime scent but IMHO it doesn't perform as well as the sandalwood/cedar, whose scent I love as a winter shave.

I, too, have trouble detecting anything but the cedar.

Top Bottom