What's new

Scored at TK Maxx today (soaps)

I went down to the nearest Maxx to try and get in on an RSC clearance I heard about, but that was all gone. However, I did pick up some three-packs of soap for diiiiirrrrt cheap. Caswell-Massey Lilac for £3.99, Green Tea and Lemon by Saponificio Artgianale Fiorentino s.r.l. and Almond by the same Italian house. Those two were £4.99 per three-pack.

Most of you are familiar with C-M's soaps, so I won't bore you all with the details of that one. However, I will chime in with my thoughts on SAF's Almond tomorrow. Smells just like Cella. I'll be in heaven.:thumbup: The green tea and lemon is awesome, I don't like 100% lemon as a scent and the green tea tones it down and compliments it very well. And if you've ever smelled lilac, you know what the C-M soap smells like. All scent references are to the dry, as packaged soaps.

I have a serious soap problem, I've got 6 bars in dishes in the bathroom now with two more types in the closet and these three that haven't made it upstairs yet.:001_huh: I'll have to run to Wilkinson's tomorrow if they're open and get more dishes.:lol:

If you're in the UK, it may be worth a trip to your local TK Maxx to check out the goodies.

Okie dokie, reporting in with impressions of the SAF almond.

Firstly, I was doing some digging around last night and it seems SAF manufacture some of Omega's bath soaps. That's endorsement enough for me to try on the cheap. Once unwrapped the soap's scent naturally intensifies. It's not overpowering to me, but it fills the immediate area with the scent of basically Cella. It's a little more cherry-ish. SWMBO said it reminded her of a cookie. She's nuts. It's Cella turned up to 11.

Once gloriously exposed to water and worked with a pouf for a while, it generates a ton of slick, rich lather. It's really, really nice. As far as efficacy goes, it's soap. Lather and rinse = clean. Which brings me to rinse. It rinses very clean and quite easily.

Moisturizing properties: Well, it doesn't seem too bad in this regard. It doesn't dry me out at all. Skin didn't feel tight or itchy. No idea how long the scent sticks around. I get out of the shower and then shave, style my hair and apply the scent of the day.

I'll use it for the next week or so and post a formal review.

I got a Big Bar of Lemon Soap from Italy at Ross it is the biggest bar of soap I have seen outsize of those Old Ivory Laundry Bars my Great Grandma used with her wringger washer.

I haver just "discovered" TJ Maxx and Marhsalls for colognes and soap, the deals on both are impressive. Have bought a number of Italian soaps, all seem nice, and were very cheap. Found a box of three Caswell Massey sandalwood soaps for $4.99 which I picked up last week. Sure beats paying full retail, as I try to avoid supermarket soaps which are too drying.

Back to the top we go after a week of usage. I still have the same sentiments. It's just flat-out, good soap. Skin care was excellent, lather was thick, rich and very prevalent. Can't really speak to longevity given the short period of usage, but SWMBO and I have barely put a dent in it.

Up next, the C-M Lilac. Can't wait, lilac is one of my favorite things to smell.

This mini-review is of bath soap. I heard about a sale on The Real Shaving Co. stuff there, but didn't make it to the store in a reasonable amount of time to catch any actual product on shelves. However, not all was lost. Scored some nice bathroom swag and had a great day out with the family. Found a killer, and I mean really awesome Turkish restaurant that is incidentally near a Turkish barber shop.

We have TJ Maxx here in the states, and I have found similarly good deals. Givenchy colognes for less than $40, BraukMann Shave Cream for $3, etc.

Definitely worth checking into, especially if your lady likes to go there all the time like mine.

Exactly, same company, different names in different countries.

Just polished off a week with the C-M Lilac. Nice soap, doesn't really like my water though. Skincare was excellent. Rinsed well, but didn't lather easily given the hardness of our water. Had to load heavily and between SWMBO and I, you can tell that we used a bit of the bar. The scent... In a word: heaven. It's an amazing rendition of lilac. It seems to float in the air around you and drift in and out the way the lilac bushes behind my grandmother's house did. Hands down, the best smelling thing in my house. I don't know if I'd pay full price for them given the water that I have to shower with, but with the steep discount on them, I'm going to go see if they have more. Might pick up some of their sandalwood too.

Up next, the Green Tea and Lemon. I showered with it today. Really nice scent. The lemon scent is like scraping your finger on a lemon peel, not like artificial candy lemon. The green tea is really nice as well and takes the sledgehammer delivery aspect off of the lemon. Lather is identical to the almond soap I used previously. I still can't believe how thick, slick and rich it lathers. I'm almost tempted to try a shave with it. All in all, I still can't believe £13 bought so much quality soap. I'm probably stocked up for the next six months.

It's not like that will stop me from finding a sandalwood soap and getting some DRH Arlington. :punk:

FWIW, TJ Maxx sometimes has shaving gear-including one of the 3T's. I bought some TOBS Sandlewood cream there years ago.

I don't make a special trip, but if I'm in the area and have a few minutes, I'll stop by and check out their HBA selection.

Beerman

Its the same parent company with different names in different countries. I'm glad you guys can find all this cool gear in your T(J)(K) Maxxes, Marshalls etc., the ones in my city suck.

The UK already had a discount (department) store called TJ Hughes, and Wikipedia believes that it was named TK to avoid confusion.

Top Bottom