What's new

An entirely different SE experience

I used a Pal, what appears to be a carbon steel, razor blade in the Gem Junior Bar today. It is the first time I have experienced a difference in SE blades. I can't say I enjoyed it. It wasn't nearly as comfortable as the SE blades I've bought from CVS and Walgreen's. However, it appears to be uncoated. I guess I can experiment with stropping this blade.

I really like using the larger wooden handle I robbed from the New Gem stropper.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember the day I got my first wooden handled Gem lather catcher. I laughed out loud. The wooden handle was exactly like the picture in the listing. It was nothing like what I had expected, a sturdy handle. The thing is dinky! Tiny. Minuscule.

I think I'm going to have someone custom turn a substantial wooden handle for me.

Alucard73, I imagine you too had a surprise when you unpacked your new Gem Junior Bar.

Last edited:
Yes, it is a small handle. Does it "handle" well with the longer one? I just wondered if it was originally meant to be short to help get the blade angle right. All the older Gems have short handles. At least the ones I have seen.

Top Bottom