What's new

Martin De Candre Oil of Copra Camomile and lemon

Martin De Candre's description states...

After the shaving, take a drop of this oil on your fingertip and massage gently your face to soften the skin and calm the “fire” of shaving. The skin remains soft and is thus prepared for the next shaving. It is a oil having the advantage of being quickly absorbed and does not leave a brilliant film on the skin. It can also be used for the hands and the body.
Solid when it is kept in a cool place, becomes liquid at more than 25° and can solidify again without any inconvenience.

I love lemon scents! Trumper's pre shave oil is my favorite and finishing with a lemon oil would take the (lemon) cake. :tongue_sm

Has anyone tried it? I have a sample of MdC soap on the way, and if I love it may order some soap and this aftershave product but was hoping someone had some experience with it. Also curious if maybe I should keep it in the refrigerator during the summer time heat to keep it from melting.

Just got a bunch of stuff from MdC yesterday. Tried the oil of Copra as a test and it is awesome stuff. The scent alone is to die for. great moisturizing properties too :thumbup:

Just received this in the mail today. Great stuff. Ingredients listed - Cocos Nucifera, propylene glycol, dicaprylate/dicaprate/anthemis nobilis, parfum

I absolutely LOVE this product. It's thick and unctuous and oily. But it's a pleasurable oily. You can feel it suck in and nourish the skin and it leaves just a touch behind on the skin. The scent is a light pleasant true lemon smell. I have yet to find any product, shaving-related or otherwise, that nourishes and protects my skin as well as this stuff. And I have tried a MASSIVE amount of skin products, lotions, balms, crap, etc.

Is it a good alternative to a balm? It could be. It's a thick solid that liquifies quite easily. But it doesn't have that nice balm consistency. It takes just a touch more effort to get into the skin.

For me there are few post-shave products I love as much as this stuff. I do think the consistency and oiliness might put some off. But to each their own. They shave their face, not mine. ;]

B

bothari

Ruebis actually sent me a sample of the MdC Oil of Copra as part of my Shave By Numbers experiment (as well as the soap, but I've yet to encounter it). The premise of my experiment is to do blind tests of soaps, creams and balms and it's paying off extremely well. When I encountered "Balm K", the Oil of Copra, I knew immediately that I had found something special. It goes on deliciously oily, not with an oily after thought like some balms but rich, warming and most importantly soothing. Here is my full review.

There is little doubt in my mind that it's going to be one of the best products I find in my experiment, I'll be purchasing a bulk order with Ruebis in a few weeks I'm sure, as soon as I've located the MdC soap and given that a run for it's money.

If you're interested in reading more about my Shave By Numbers experience then please check it out.

I use it exclusively as an after balm, primarily because anything preshave has never really done much for me.

sorry i meant use it as a balm by itself or put in on after witch hazel or aftershave splash or before for that matter - but after shaving

I know this is an old thread, but I'm surprised this stuff is not discussed more. Shave as aggressively as you want. Forget alum and witch hazel. Cold water splash and then a little of this stuff and your face feels and looks great all day.

Really amazing.

SO GLAD I FOUND THUS THREAD!
I even started a thread about the product:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...le-Oil-Help-needed!?highlight=Martin+de+cadre

i had started one too HERE, i guess i missed yours. I don't use it often right now, as it came in after some other ASB's, but i am looking forward to putting it back to semi-regular use once i get through a couple more ASB's.

it's very nice stuff. not sure about the price tag, but there is a DIY version that someone posted in the thread i started

It is best when you leave it in a drawer at room temperature. Any hotter and it is a liquid. While that will work, I find that when it is more solid, rubbing it between your palms, just a little, and applying to a slighly damp face is awesome. It may feel slightly greasy for a few moments, but that goes away and all you feel is SOFT!

Seems I did not search enough when I was looking.

Great comments gents. Looking forward to trying it tonight.

I don't have the jar in front of me but I think its 100mls. Quite a small jar ... but you need only a small amount to cover your entire face. Goes a long long way!

Thanks. That's pretty normal for quality moisturizers/facial balms/creams.
It's MdC so it's automatically worth a try. Even more so with the positive postings.

I have been using this oil as a post shave. It is very good. even days I don't shave I use it. Very calming to the skin. Scent is great!

Top Bottom