What's new

Longines, Ball or Union Glashutte?

Based on current brand reputation alone, rather than a specific watch. Any opinions, or better yet, experiences are much appreciated!:thumbup1:

This will be an automatic, daily watch that needs to hold up well over time. Any other recommendations? FWIW, I will probably also get a bauhaus style (stowa/nomos-esque) at some point, but not for this one.

I'm leaning towards Ball based on their reputation for accuracy and toughness. Thoughts?

....because I hate threads without pics too.....

just a smattering of the type of watches I'm looking at

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

My vote is for Ball. I have been looking for a used Cleveland Express for months and although I have seen a couple on the Bay, they were in Hong Kong and I just didn't want to take the risk of losing my money. I do keep looking on Timezone though and this particular model just doesn't show up for sale.

Not sure if you are buying locally and brand new but Topper Jewelers sells Ball watches off the internet and I have heard they are reliable. Good luck with your choice!

Take a look at the new Ball Fireman Victory. The tubes are embedded inside of the applied markers. Smokin' Hot :001_cool:

I'd get the Union Glashutte, but only because I can't afford a Glashutte Original. Also, I own one German watch (a handwound Limes) and used to own a Sinn automatic. They were both exceptionally accurate.

Ok, pics of the Ball fireman victory:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Seems like its not available in the US.....:mad3:

P.S. Lume much?

proxy.php

Last edited:
I'd go with the Ball. My wish list watch is the GMT - a very nice looking timepiece. My only concern is the lifetime of the tritium - after ~25 yrs it's gone what then?

I have two of the Ball watches, both from the Fireman series. Great watches. I really like the look of a lot of the Longines and would assume they are very good watches. I believe they are another of the Swatch group of watches and from what I have read they are being positioned as an upper middle class brand. I know nothing of the Union brand

betat- keep an eye out on the Watchuseek sale forum for a Cleveland Express. Ball watches seem to turn up there on a regular basis and I'm fairly sure I have seen a couple of this model for sale in recent months.

Ok, pics of the Ball fireman victory:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Seems like its not available in the US.....:mad3:

P.S. Lume much?

proxy.php

Actually they are available in the U.S., i just got my fireman victory at tourneau in las vegas, located in the ceasers palace forum shops. They just started carrying the BALL line about a month ago.

Top Bottom