What's new

Kit for a friend...

Recently I was traveling and able to have dinner with one of my old roommates. I haven't seen him in quite some time and wanted to bring him something fun as a gift. It was kind of last minute and admittedly a little rushed but I decided to give him a good starter kit for straight shaving. I used a stabilized elk antler handle, black badger knot from TGN, 6/8 Hamburg "Best Steel, 400" blade in bubinga scales with an alder wedge and black fiber spacers, along with a 2 1/2" wide homemade strop (was my beginner strop).

Granted, this kit isn't supposed to last him the rest of his life, it's meant to be a minimal starter kit to hopefully get him interested in straight razor shaving enough to convert! :D I was happy to give it to him and he seemed very happy to receive it.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Wow, a very special kit.

A strop made by you, a brush made by you, and a razor rescaled by you.

Nicely done.

I'd be thrilled to receive a kit like that. :thumbup:

Thanks guys, I was excited to give it to him, he's been a really good friend. I'm anxious to see how that brush looks once bloomed! Never tried black badger myself, it was just the knot that looked best with that hunk o' antler...

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Very nice, indeed. I never thought that simply receiving the right kit as a gift would be enough to convert someone to straight shaving until now.

Top Bottom