What's new

Need Help Dating a Gillette DE 3-Piece Razor, Ball End, Made In England

I have this 3-Piece Gillette DE that is marked Made In England. I would like to know when it was made, and any other information you can give about it.
Here's several pics. I hope they are good enough to see detail.
If they are they can be used in the wiki page.

One last pic. I hope this is OK. I want to give as many as I can so you can really look at it. Hard to pick just 5! I'm NOT trying to overload the site with pics!!! Sorry if it's overboard....

If the British-made models follow the same timeline as the American-made Techs, and I believe they do, then you're probably not going to be able to narrow it down much further than 1946-1950. It's after the switch from triangular holes in the guard plate and before the stamping of date codes, which started at some point in the third quarter of 1950.

If the British-made models follow the same timeline as the American-made Techs, and I believe they do, then you're probably not going to be able to narrow it down much further than 1946-1950. It's after the switch from triangular holes in the guard plate and before the stamping of date codes, which started at some point in the third quarter of 1950.

wat he said^^^^^^^^^^^^by the way nice pics:thumbup1:

This is not an exact match, but this ‘56 shares many of the same elements.

proxy.php

Top Bottom