What's new

3 New Semogue Brushes Today

These three Semogue beauties arrived today. An 830, a 1305, and a 610.

They only took 8 days to ship from Portugal to Canada with Village Scent's standard postage.

That is very quick considering there were Easter holidays in there too.

Now .... which one to break in first?

:)

Those are the three Semogues I've owned. I rank them
1/ 830
2/ 1305
3/ 610

Interested to see how you do.

~Adam

Nice haul!

I've had my 1305 for a couple years now. Fabulous bristle brush, I lathered Cella tonight and I could have sworn I was putting my lather on with a fire hose!!

Nice score! I'm really digging my 1305! For example, I got my Simpson Wee Scot on Wednesday and shaved this morning, but I passed up the WS to go with the 1305 one more time!

I'm going to start with the 610 first.

I might give one of the others to my dear old dad to break in but I might not get it back.

Beautiful brushes!

You might not want to give your dad that 1305 to break in with the risk of not getting it back. I have used mine for three shaves and the bristles are beginning to split nicely. A wonderful brush for bowl lathering with my Georgetown G5 scuttle, and it is long enough not to clang around the inner rim. It produces loads of lather with the Cella and P.160 Tipo Morbido!

Keep in mind that you might want to wash the 1305 with a mild detergent to remove some of that black dye (why Semogue does that, I don't know) from the bristles. You might also want to do that with the 830. Mine has essentially stopped bleeding dye at this point (again, third shave). I think you will love the 1305!

Regards,

David

Last edited:
My order was placed on 4/18 and the post office stamp in Portugal said 4/21.

I'm sure you'll get yours very soon.

Thanks, I appreciate your comments and sentiments. I just find it curious that a package from Portugal made it to you in Manitoba before a previously-ordered package makes it to me in Massachusetts. Nothing to do with Vintage Scent, I'm sure, but perhaps the fall of the Yankee dollar and the various forms of Homeland Security hysteria. So we'll see what tomorrow's post will bring...

A demain...

Thanks, I appreciate your comments and sentiments. I just find it curious that a package from Portugal made it to you in Manitoba before a previously-ordered package makes it to me in Massachusetts. Nothing to do with Vintage Scent, I'm sure, but perhaps the fall of the Yankee dollar and the various forms of Homeland Security hysteria. So we'll see what tomorrow's post will bring...

A demain...

More then likely a Customs Thing, I ordered a 610 on 4/19 most times delivery has been ~14-17 TOTAL days so I'll probably receive it this Saturday. Absolutely worth the wait, Bruno ALWAYS Delivers with great customer service and products, I'd recommend trying the La Toja sensitive SC, great scent & lather.

So why do you need three brushes?

Variety, sir! Variety! :thumbup:

Why do some of us feel the same "need" to have multiple razors, blades, soaps, creams, etc.?

Again, I say, "Variety".

On a more serious note: Since most men shave every day, there is something to be said with regards to making an otherwise mundane task pleasurable and even something to look forward to. Think of it as a time that is yours, and yours alone. Go ahead and indulge. For a very brief moment in the day your shave belongs to you. Close the bathroom door and leave the family, career, bills, home maintenance, etc. behind for just a little while and enjoy yourself!

Regards,

David

Last edited:

Boar Owners will have more than one to allow the knot to completely dry, the 1305 is a good bowl or face lathering brush and from what I've read the 830 and 610 are mainly used to face lather, but can be used with a bowl, plus it's nice to have variety.

I have; 1 TGN Black Badger, 2 Vie-Long Horse, waiting for my Semogue Boar 610, a Huge Turkish Horse ~67 loft/28 knot for Head Shaves and a Shavemac Custom Finest, all used in rotation.

WOW - it took 37 minutes for a justification of mutliple purchases - this must be a B&B record!

I have LOTS of razors but only one badger and one boar - never been bitten by the SBAD bug....

Variety, sir! Variety! :thumbup:

Why do some of us feel the same "need" to have multiple razors, blades, soaps, creams, etc.?

Again, I say, "Variety".

On a more serious note: Since most men shave every day, there is something to be said with regards to making an otherwise mundane task pleasurable and even something to look forward to. Think of it as a time that is yours, and yours alone. Go ahead and indulge. For a very brief moment in the day your shave belongs to you. Close the bathroom door and leave the family, career, bills, home maintenance, etc. behind for just a little while and enjoy yourself!

Regards,

David

Boar Owners will have more than one to allow the knot to completely dry, the 1305 is a good bowl or face lathering brush and from what I've read the 830 and 610 are mainly used to face lather, but can be used with a bowl, plus it's nice to have variety.

I have; 1 TGN Black Badger, 2 Vie-Long Horse, waiting for my Semogue Boar 610, a Huge Turkish Horse ~67 loft/28 knot for Head Shaves and a Shavemac Custom Finest, all used in rotation.

OK, interesting. I have a 1305 and while I have LOTS of razors I only have one badger and that one boar - the latter getting the most use lately as I prefer soaps to creams and it lathers beautifully.

Are you telling me I NEED more to allow it to dry out and not be used every day?

OK, interesting. I have a 1305 and while I have LOTS of razors I only have one badger and that one boar - the latter getting the most use lately as I prefer soaps to creams and it lathers beautifully.

Are you telling me I NEED more to allow it to dry out and not be used every day?

No I didn't mean to imply NEED, but many LIKE to allow their Brush to completely Dry. As I've said it would be for Variety mostly, which can be found with multiple Lofted/knotted Boars as stated previously. I happen to like My Variety with the different Hair/Bristle types, as my lofts are virtually the same with a variety of knots; 50/17,(3)21,24 with the exception of the Turkish Horse 67/28.

Top Bottom