What's new

Earl grey?

I like Twinings also. If the Queen of England is willing to put her stamp of approval on it, then it's good enough for me. Most every grocery store has it in bags, and many have it loose too. Loose might be difficult for the office, though you might consider getting a travel mug designed for brewing loose tea so as to be less messy.

I'm a little late to this party, but I have to put in a vote for Upton Tea's Extra Bergamot Earl Grey. Although I have found a lot more tea varieties which I like more than what upton offers, this EG still kicks major butt. It's more on the american side in that it does have a lot more bergamot, but that's one of my favorite parts. I always have some near me and it's a great afternoon pick-me-up! :thumbup:

You could try a French Earl Grey. I recently bought some from T2 (probably not a retailer accessible to you) and I love it -- and I don't normally like such scented teas. It's nylon teabags containing loose leaf tea.

I actually like this one better than Mariage Freres French Earl Grey. But the point is: it's a worthwhile variation on the original theme, with a delicate floral or fruity scent.

I usually like to get a bergamot and just sprinkle some dried black tea leaves on it. The eat it like any other citrus fruit.

No really, I tend to be a Bigelow fan. Those are the K-cups I get for the Keurig. Tastes great and pretty bergamoty. I like the stronger stuff.

I drink Earl Grey daily. It's my afternoon pick-me-up. I'm not super picky about what I drink but I do prefer a nice robust mug of tea (vs. a cup) so I like hefty bags and good roast. But I also like a pungent aroma of Bergamot, which I find a lot of teas lacking. My go-to cup is Barry's, however, I've taken to liking Williamson Earl Grey the best. The Bergamot is different from what most tea companies use and at first I detested it. Over time, I became accustomed to it and now prefer it over anything else. Unfortunately, it's very difficult to find but I just found boxes of 50 bags for sale on Amazon. Williamson is also the makers of Lifeboat teas, which are exactly the same, just different packaging.

That said, today I tried for the first time St. Dalfour Earl Grey. This French tea is 100% organic and made from Ceylon tea as opposed to Assam. There is a peppery note to it as well that makes it completely different from anything I've tried (save a few chai teas that have pepper in them). I have to say that this might be my second favorite earl grey now, although the bergamot is a bit weak.

Top Bottom