What's new

British aristocrat, what type?

Damn you RAD, couldn't help myself and sniped this one tonight: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200602030029
IMHO the most beautiful razor in the world, hope it's as good as the bad pics make you believe.

My question to you: what's the exact type? I know it's a british aristocat, but is it nickel or rhodium? Is this a #15 or another number?

Already my third razor this week, after a nice Milord and a Fatboy Executive, oh dear :blush:

Nice. A fellow grab that one. It is a #15. I wish bid more but the case is not in good condition. You know if you pay more it will be in good condition. The razor looks good but the photos are not detailed.

Thanks!
I will make some detailed pics when I receive the razor. The case isn't really good looking, I know, but I really wanted this type of Aristocrat without paying an absurd amount of money.

Well, I guess quality comes at a price...
I received the razor yesterday and the first thing I noticed was the TTO knob not functioning like it should.
You can open and close the doors, but when you twist the TTO knob it comes out, you then have to push the button and the doors will open. Closing works as it should. It seems this is a common fault on many of these razors.
Does any of you have an idea how long this construction will last before it will snap?

Sorry to hear that. I think this idiom summarise this situation. Btw, you are protected by ebay.

Cheap meat yields poor soup.

Well, I guess quality comes at a price...
I received the razor yesterday and the first thing I noticed was the TTO knob not functioning like it should.
You can open and close the doors, but when you twist the TTO knob it comes out, you then have to push the button and the doors will open. Closing works as it should. It seems this is a common fault on many of these razors.
Does any of you have an idea how long this construction will last before it will snap?

thats common on these 15's, it should last a while though.

Thanks guys! Before trying to fix it, I think it's wiser to contact the seller for a return. After all it is a broken razor.

Bummer, the seller states that the razor was in working order before she sent it to me.
I beg to differ since the defect is pretty obvious and really can't be caused by simple transport since it was packaged very well. I know I can get my money back anyhow, but whats your experience with matters like this? I want this settled in a civilized way.

I am dealing one of that kind of seller. I bought NEW #77 from a seller and unfortunately its condition is so bad. Head was full of scratches with bent teeth. Besides he accused me that those were done by me. I opened dispute and post photos to PayPal. Don't worry.

Bummer, the seller states that the razor was in working order before she sent it to me.
I beg to differ since the defect is pretty obvious and really can't be caused by simple transport since it was packaged very well. I know I can get my money back anyhow, but whats your experience with matters like this? I want this settled in a civilized way.

The kind of problem you're talking about also is highly unlikely to be caused by banging the razor about even if it weren't packed securely -- unless it was just in a bubble mailer and something could have really banged it in-line with the handle (not likely since it also came with its case). It's internal to the razor -- something that would have come from years of use wearing or loosening the collar that holds the knob in place.

That being said, if it's in otherwise good condition I'd be tempted to try to correct the problem myself and just use it. From the original auction photos it's pretty clear that it wasn't a shelf beauty. Yes, it's more than I would've spent on it knowing it had mechanical issues, but if a drop knob is all you're looking at it wasn't an unbelievably terrible price.

Top Bottom