What's new

Fair price?

I found this razor on an auction, in Romania, but I think that 150 euro is too much.
I want to buy this razor, I do not want to sell, so we chose to ask here.Any information about u right price, is welcome. Thank's

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I found this razor on an auction, in Romania, but I think that 150 euro is too much.
I want to buy this razor, I do not want to sell, so we chose to ask here.Any information about u right price, is welcome. Thank's

+1

Far too much money. If we consider that the straight is not shave ready (so you would need someone to sharpen it on stones) and that the other side is very similar to the first side. You don't have any rust, dings, cracks, pitting on the blade. The scales are good.

I'd say it would probably run maybe around 75 Euros. Maybe less. It's very difficult with 1 picture and keep in mind, it's a guesstimate!

Normally, 150 would be too much.

But if it was indeed found in the guy's grandfather's basement about the time of WW2.....
:w00t:

Just kidding. Pass on that razor.

Seriously...it appears to be 6/8th's and in decent condition. A 7/8th Dovo might command that much but not a fairly generic 6/8th's. What it is worth and what the market might bear are mutually exclusive notions IMHO..

I agree with kfralin, what a razor is worth and what it sells for are not always compatible ideas. Check previous ebay sales on similar-to-same items to see what the "going price" is on the market, and you'll at least have range on a fair price.

The real difficulty is keeping the RAD at bay (at least for me), and remembering that there is always another razor if the prices are above your range of comfort. Must ... be ... disciplined.

Top Bottom