What's new

first experience feather blades

S

surpera1

well - after reading all the hoopla about em - i ordered up 50 from jeremy - great vendor BTW - highly recommended - i chose my old standby fatboy - didnt have any trouble at all with em - definitely sharper than what i had been using - did a 2 pass WTG followed by a minor touch up - good blades for sure - but not scary to me - treat em with respect as with anything sharp - but yeah - i like em:001_smile

Feathers really are a great blade.

I have super sensitive skin which is very prone to burn and irritation. I find good technique and a very light touch yields a great shave without irritation. I do find that I can't even think about pushing past 4 shaves as the 5th shave leaves huge patches of irritation all over the place.

They get the job done for me. But they're a poor value. I like a few other blades that are more comfortable to use and cost less money to boot.

Both variety of Shark, Russian Yellow, Bluebird, and others do a reliably CCS for me every time I use them.

Me personally, Feathers give a great first shave but they don't seem to hold their edge. The second and third shaves are plagued with irritation and nicks. I suppose this is what they mean by YMMV.

I hope they work for you.:thumbup1:

Not fearsome, but unforgiving. When you make a mistake it's circled in red, with an exclamation point. Yes, that makes it a good learning tool.

The smoothest shave with a Feather is the second, in my experience. I don't think I've ever coaxed more than four shaves out of a Feather, and four is usually pushing it.

For me, though, Personna Med Preps and Gillette SharpEdge (yellows) give a better balance of sharpness vs. smoothness. (Med Preps, in particular, are extraordinary, I find.) I'd rank Feathers third after these. Maybe someday, if my technique improves, Feathers will move up to #1 on my list. For now, though, Med Prep + Old Type = bliss. :thumbup:

Me personally, Feathers give a great first shave but they don't seem to hold their edge. The second and third shaves are plagued with irritation and nicks. I suppose this is what they mean by YMMV.

Same for me too... I really wanted to use them in my rotation but it wasn't worth the expense and torture...

I hope they work for you.:thumbup1:

Absolutely. This, my favourite blade, gives equally fine shaves from the first to the last. I do, however, change my blade after 3 shaves anyway, although I have done 5 without problems.

S

surpera1

i have noticed that about the feathers - 2 good shaves is what i get - i can get 3 easy out of a wilkins - sometimes 4 depending in the razor - i kinda would like a longer lasting blade - any suggestions ?

Glad you like them. Overrated and overpriced in my opinion. Many great blades out there that perform as well and at a much better price.

S

surpera1

ok - whats some good ones ? i wanna try some diff ones

Top Bottom