What's new

Cade: to cover or not to cover?

I have l'Occitaine Cade in the metal dish. What do you gents recommend I do after use? Cover it wet until the next day? (Would the trapped water do anything bad/germy/soap-degrading?) Dry it off and then cover it? (which would mean wiping away and wasting some soap each time) Leave it open? (which might make it lose some of its already subtle scent)

Puzzled...

Michael

I used to be careful with drying and wiping the bowl earlier, but now have stopped obsessing about it. I simply leave the puck uncovered in its dish on the countertop. Once I'm done with that soap, after however many days and switch to the next one, then I cover the bowl, put it away in the closet, and pull the other one out.

If you are going to use the soap daily, store the lid and leave your puck uncovered. If this soap is going to be part of a rotation, simply leave it uncovered after you shave and then replace the lid in the evening before storing your dish in the cabinet.

Theres possibly a variable here in how you use the puck. I just drizzle enough water on the puck to moisten the surface, while I prep. When I go to the puck with the brush its just wet enough to create a crea, most of which is removed on the brush, so after shaving my puck is ready for the lid.

But I've seen video of people soaking their soap to such an extent that it would be substantially hydrated and need to dry. I think if you go back to your puck and its firm on top, then what you are doing will be fine.

Top Bottom