What's new

I'm in North Carolina--What a drive!!

My wife and I drove to Jacksonville, North Carolina to meet our new grandson.:biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1: I've never been this far east before, but I gotta say there is some beautiful country out this way. Note to self: 45 minutes of sleep over a 46 hour period combined with 27 hours of driving over 1630 miles makes for a road trip to remember.:w00t:We've promised each other to never drive straight through like this to get somewhere ever again.:lol::lol:

You went to Jacksonville from Amarillo? Oh wow, what a drive! And CONGRATULATIONS on the new grandson!

Get some pictures of the area! I haven't seen Camp Lejeune/MCAS New River/MCAS Cherry Point/etc... in 30 years!
Take time to go to Morehead City for seafood at the Sanitary!

OH MAN I WISH I COULD RUN OUT THERE!

Last edited:
Are you in Jacksonville? The weather is beautiful right now, so I hope you can take the time to relax and enjoy the place. Definitely get down to the beach--should be lots of good seafood to be had too.

Don't miss the BBQ either--you can explain what real BBQ tastes like to the folks back in Texas when you get home!

Are you in Jacksonville? The weather is beautiful right now, so I hope you can take the time to relax and enjoy the place. Definitely get down to the beach--should be lots of good seafood to be had too.

Don't miss the BBQ either--you can explain what real BBQ tastes like to the folks back in Texas when you get home!

Is he coming through Kansas City? :tongue_sm

Top Bottom