What's new

Merkur Futur vs. Progress

I've been on this board a while now and really appreciate all the great advice. I have been shaving with a Merkur Progress for about 3 weeks now and really like it. I hope that I'm not in the initial stages of RAD but I am wondering whether I would like a Futur or even a Vision. I'd be interested in hearing from those of you that have shaved with the Futur and the Progress. Which is the better razor for the long term. Should I just keep using my Progress and not even think about the Futur? If I keep my Progress, I may even send it to Mer for his mod so that I can have a Mergress.
John

i would say your better off with what you have if its working for you, i only have 1 de razor the futur and i like it, but the whole setting thing is a bit of a farce, the HD is the most reccomended maybe try that 1

Yes, you should stay with the progress. In my opinion it is greatly superior to the futur. The Futur has huge blade exposure, and I never was able to shave with it without divots from my face. The Progress is very much like an adjustable Merkur HD, and I find it's ideal for an adjustable razor. I'd maybe turn it to a Mergress, but if you get another razor I'd suggest either a Gillette adjustable (fatboy or slimboy) or a fixed head razor like the HD or the Slant, or the new 38C if you want a bigger, heavier razor.

Good luck in shaving.

These might be Merkurs two most contraversial razors. I have read many account of people loving them and also hating them. Perhaps this contraversy is moreso with the Progress. I have used the Futur extensively and have had many great shaves with it. I have a Progress but I have never really used it. I would like to give it a serious go for a couple of weeks sometime. I may just do that as I have recently heard of guys being very satisfied with it. The thing is, I have been using nothing but my HD lately and getting such great results with it that I don't feel the need to touch anything else. But depsite that, I have still ordered a Merkur 38c... ...maybe its time to admit that I have a problem:biggrin1:

Top Bottom