What's new

Christiano Ronaldo: "I was sent here by God to show the people how to play football!"

his moves are good but hes too much of a cry baby and gives up to easy.

If he played harder he would be the best hands down.

that was a good one:)

And you are quite right, Ronaldo is an amazing football player, it's just that Messi is even better!!!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
If there's a heaven, I'll get to watch Lawrence Taylor, Alan Page, and Dick Butkis crunch these chumps for eternity.

I'd like to see LT run for 90 minutes :)

You mean walk, jog a bit, walk some more, occassionally sprint, flop on the ground and pretend to be hurt when someone breathes on him, repeat as necessary over the span of ~ 115 minutes (gotta factor in half time and the super secret special time that one random guy gets to add on to the end of the game)? :001_cool:

You mean walk, jog a bit, walk some more, occassionally sprint, flop on the ground and pretend to be hurt when someone breathes on him, repeat as necessary over the span of ~ 115 minutes (gotta factor in half time and the super secret special time that one random guy gets to add on to the end of the game)? :001_cool:

Heh, good one :)
Especially if we compare the average of 8-10Km run in a football match to the 3+ hours it takes to complete 60 minutes of game time in NFL. That of course does not include all the hard earned time-outs needed from the exhaustoin from spending most of that time standing on your knees with your tights dressed behind in the air:)
And not to forget, it is such a strain on these fine steroid induced "athletes" that they of course only manage to actually participate for half of that game.
Defence or offence.
Oh yes, the strain...

Ahhhh, it must be spring for the Amero-Euro Football v. Football debate has once again popped up.

Let's face it, soccer players are in much better cardio vascular shape than football players. But as far as toughness goes, it's not even close (let's not get into the Rugby v. Football debate, though).

More people play and watch soccer in the world by far than play or watch Football, but who ever said the masses had any sense.

Christiano Renaldo is a gifted player, but an embarassment to Sport (and male-ness). Messi skill is on another level, altogether.

What is my point? I don't know, but I just wanted to be part of the conversation! :tongue_sm

Ahhhh, it must be spring for the Amero-Euro Football v. Football debate has once again popped up.

Let's face it, soccer players are in much better cardio vascular shape than football players. But as far as toughness goes, it's not even close (let's not get into the Rugby v. Football debate, though).

When do the Aussies come into the debate?

AFL blokes are the fittest (that's physically fit, not aesthetically like the Brits use the term 'fit') footballers on the planet. Chris Judd ran 16 km in last week's match, IIRC. 16km! 10 miles in one game.

Soccer is not football, as although it's exclusively [unless you're a Uruguayan in the World Cup] played with the hands, it's too weak and prancy to be given the hallowed monicker of football. It's filled with fakers.

I can get past the low scoring, the overpaid prima donna stars, and the riots (the best part), but the diving is appalling. Not enough is being done to stamp that s**t out. Automatic red card if you dive, and a two week suspension. Yellow card if you get knocked over, but whinge instead of playing the whistle.

Also, don't chime in about Aussie Rules (AFL) if you've never given it go.
I've tried to like Rugby, I've tried to watch soccer, I actually DO like NFL a bit, but even though I've watched/attended over 20 games of each sport, nothing will compare to the athleticism, toughness, or sheer spirit of Australia's oldest documented football competition, Australian Rules.

When do the Aussies come into the debate?

AFL blokes are the fittest (that's physically fit, not aesthetically like the Brits use the term 'fit') footballers on the planet. Chris Judd ran 16 km in last week's match, IIRC. 16km! 10 miles in one game.

Soccer is not football, as although it's exclusively [unless you're a Uruguayan in the World Cup] played with the hands, it's too weak and prancy to be given the hallowed monicker of football. It's filled with fakers.

I can get past the low scoring, the overpaid prima donna stars, and the riots (the best part), but the diving is appalling. Not enough is being done to stamp that s**t out. Automatic red card if you dive, and a two week suspension. Yellow card if you get knocked over, but whinge instead of playing the whistle.

Also, don't chime in about Aussie Rules (AFL) if you've never given it go.
I've tried to like Rugby, I've tried to watch soccer, I actually DO like NFL a bit, but even though I've watched/attended over 20 games of each sport, nothing will compare to the athleticism, toughness, or sheer spirit of Australia's oldest documented football competition, Australian Rules.

Soccer is football whether you like it or not. Aussie rules aint what it used to be. Don't compare apples with oranges.

I'll take my apple to your orange any day.

As for C. Ronaldo: clearly, God didn't send him to help Portugal win a major world title.

He cries very well.... I loved it when Greece beat them in Portugal!!!!!!

Now the real question is which sport has the most wet shavers? American Fottbal, Real Football :)001_tongu) ir Aussie Rules?

Top Bottom