What's new

Musgo Real AS

Does Musgo Real AS smell like the cream? I bought a tube with my simpson's brush and absolutely love the smell, but it doesn't stick around very long....

Head to Lincoln Park and smell it for yourself! Merz Apothecary has them all out for the sniffin'. I opened the top and took a whiff and i thought it was very mild and didn't have the "diaperene/lanolin" smell of the soap.

Does Musgo Real AS smell like the cream? I bought a tube with my simpson's brush and absolutely love the smell, but it doesn't stick around very long....

No, it doesn't. The splash is decent, but the balm smells lousy. Neither the splash or balm smells like the cream and the splash and balm don't smell like each other either. One of shavings mysteries. No idea why MR did this.

I'm always listening to find that there's an AS that smells like MR cream. I LOVE that smell...but it bums me that I can't splash more of it on after a shave. Fortunately, the scent of the cream does hang on for at least a little while after the shave.

i like the musgo r after shave. if the soap smells better than that i'll buy it. too bad the as scent doesn't last longer

I am not good at comparing smells. But the aftershave smells great and sticks with me throughout the day, I can still get a very small whiff of it around dinner time. Plus it is a wonderfully healing aftershave. Musgo Real is a great aftershave that I would highly recommend. :thumbup1:

No, it doesn't. The splash is decent, but the balm smells lousy. Neither the splash or balm smells like the cream and the splash and balm don't smell like each other either. One of shavings mysteries. No idea why MR did this.

I like the balm. It's a bright pleasant scent. It's one of my faves. I haven't tried the splash yet though. But no, it smells nothing like the cream which I actually am not that thrilled about.

It doesn't smell like the cream but I do think that they complement each other.

The splash is amazing for a bad shave: there's a brief flash of burn, then you can literally feel it sink into your skin and soothe away any irritation. And nothing moisturizes like the balm.

I tried the aftershave and just found it to be okay. Not strong enough for my liking. I'm looking to unload mine now because it's just not my thing.

I have the splash.

It smells really good, very sweet and modern as apposed to 55 percent of everything thats smells like Brut or Aqua velva.

It is also great for the skin, my face didnt get dry this winter. Apply to a wet face, it's very concentrated and will leave you sticky if you dont! But doing this just means the bottle lasts forever! If you want the scent to last all day just dab some on youre clothing. i pick stuff out of the bottom of the laundry basket that still has the MR scent!

I use a more drying splash this time of year, so sometimes il just go with straight witch hazel on my face and a few dabs of MG on my shirt.

Hmm that's sad because I am totally in love with the smell of the cream, but it doesn't stick around very long for me.

Thanks for the tip about Merz Apothecary!

I like the balm. It's a bright pleasant scent. It's one of my faves. I haven't tried the splash yet though. But no, it smells nothing like the cream which I actually am not that thrilled about.

As always scent is the most YMMV thing here. I think the balm smells awful. Nothing bright or pleasant. Smells like dirty socks to me and is one of the worst absorbing balms I've used and I'm a balm guy with about 15+ of them on tap. As always, I'm glad it works well for you though.

The MR classic splash was the first AS I tried when starting proper DE wetshaving. I like it, and when I floated the idea of possibly trying others, my girlfriend shot it down and forbade me from using anything else :lol:

Top Bottom