What's new

Horrible eBay Seller --

Packaged FOUR OS mugs in a loose outer bubble wrap then put them into a huge Priority mail box. No tape, foam corn, extra bubble wrap. Nothing. By the time it got to me, they were completely shattered. You could just tell he loosely wrapped these and tossed them in the box. I opened it and they spilled out onto my floor in pieces, large and small...

Contacted the seller and told him I had pics - which I do, since I took about ten - so I'm waiting to see how he responds. Makes me mad on a couple levels: One, how careless do you have to be to think that GLASS mugs won't break (and not even a "Fragile" stamp on the box)?? Two, irritates me for the time, money, AND the time it took me to clean the OS glass outta my hardwood floor cracks, and finally, for the fact that four pieces of shaving history are now gone because of one idiotic seller.

You should have to have a freakin' license to sell on eBay... :angry:

Had it happen to me a couple of times. I've been fortunate that both times ended up ok (one with a refund and the other with a replacement), but I agree. What you wanted was the goods.

Good luck on getting your refund and especially the refunded shipping!

-jim

Wow. That is so unfortunate. And then there's the opposite challenge of not being able to get into the package. (reaches for straight razor...:tongue_sm)

4 OS mugs shattered, all at once, oh, the humanity of it all

flags at half staff tomorrow

bummer, dude, I bet the shipping cost was high too
ken

I say burn him on E-bay thats just downright neglectful. I wonder if they were even in one piece to start with. Obvious stuff like that makes me think they may have already been broken and he wanted to blame the carrier.

That's an unfortunate situation. I sure hope you'll give the seller time to rectify the situation before leaving any kind of negative feedback.

That's an unfortunate situation. I sure hope you'll give the seller time to rectify the situation before leaving any kind of negative feedback.

I have to agree with this and also add it is fine to express your disappointment, but keep your anger in check till they respond and then you'll know which way the wind is blowing. Sometimes these ebay sellers just don't think and aren't bad people. Give them a chance to show their true colors.

-jim

I have to agree with this and also add it is fine to express your disappointment, but keep your anger in check till they respond and then you'll know which way the wind is blowing. Sometimes these ebay sellers just don't think and aren't bad people. Give them a chance to show their true colors.

-jim

Agreed. If they are truly bad you will know soon enough!

Booo Hiss Flags at Half Staff!
I got a refund on a Teacher Shaving mug that come well packed but broken into 5 pieces and not a mark on the box. Seller gave me a full refund and I gave the US Post Office a ear full. After talking to the seller and the US post office some one crushed the orginal box and then repacked it and sent it on to me.

Bummer. It can't be fun to open an eagerly awaited package only to find the contents smashed. I hope the seller offers to make things right for you.

Sucky, and believe me brother, a "fragile" stamp can sometimes just mean "kick harder". I used to work for UPS for about 8 years and have seen some crazy stuff when it comes to package handling... which is why I'm anal as can be when I pack stuff to ship.

The worst eBay sellers are the ones that wait for you to give them feedback before giving you any. I pay as soon as an auction is over. I did all I was required to do as a buyer, so give me the positive feedback on being prompt with my payment. And you know if you neg them or give them neutral feedback they will neg you out of spite. A**H**ES!

If I see that written in an auction description, I look elsewhere. Honestly, a seller should be required to leave feedback before shipping or none at all. :angry:

Top Bottom