What's new

Horrible eBay Seller --

I've got to cast my vote with the "positive" crowd . . .

Negative feedback is NOT warranted in this situation. The seller responded to the problem quickly and did the only thing he could do to make it right - a full refund. He is out the value of the product and the shipping cost. Hopefully he learned something about proper packaging from this event!

Neutral feedback is also unfair in this case. While proper packaging is not rocket science, not everyone knows what it takes to protect fragile items in transit. I doubt that he intentionally failed to properly cushion the mugs . . . if he did, he would not have resolved the issue without hassle.

Positive feedback is the only appropriate response. If you want to note the poor packaging, be sure to mention the quick and fair resolution as well.

I have had the exact same thing happen to me and I have gave positive feedback for this reason only...

If you mess up, you should fess up and then fix up.

When someone does the right thing then their reputation should remain unblemished. We see too many times people do wrong things and receive praise, while people who do the right thing get slammed.

This seller did the right thing and made you whole in the situation. That deserves the positive mark. You can put a comment that the item was damaged and the seller made it right. That allows other to see that the seller is an honest one.

The right action in this case is much more important than the item, even though it is sad that the items were destroyed.

Good fortune in your decision.

Whenever I sold stuff on eBay, I'd wait to leave feedback for the buyer when they either left feedback or let me know they'd received the item and were happy with it. I expected the same from sellers when I was buying.

This is because there is one more thing required of buyers: Don't be a complete tool. If you've ever sold on eBay or worked in retail, you know the guys I'm talking about. They try to haggle with you after the sale, or they'll pull some crap like complain what you sold them was broken, and when they return it, they send you back a different item. That kind of monkey business. Those guys deserve negative feedback, and you can't give it to them if you leave them a positive as soon as they pay.

Well that would put us both at an impasse. If I sold an item and received instant payment--which doesn't always occur on eBay, I would leave positive feedback. If the buyer leaves negative feedback than I didn't do something correctly as a seller.

As seller has a lot of responsibility. Good photos, detailed description, protective packaging and prompt shipping.

A buyer is only required to pay the agreed price promptly. There is no haggling on eBay and a buyers feedback is based on the sellers performance.

I've yet to leave anything but positive feedback. Some sellers will have bad photos and a brief description. The buyer should ask for better photos and ask questions about the condition. If the buyer fails to do such an easy thing they shouldn't complain when something isn't what they thought it was.

Example: I won a Hoffritz open comb travel razor. It was listed as a Hoffritz Travel Razor, the item had a single photo, but it was ok, I wanted the Hoffritz.

After the auction was over, a B&B member told me it looked like a corn razor. I never even heard of a corn razor; which is my fault. I asked the seller after the auction was over if it was a corn razor and he said, "it takes DE blades". So the seller basically knew as much as I did.

Now, will I leave him neg, neu, or *** feedback? Positive, because It's my job to research the items that I'm buying so I can ask these types of questions before buying them. The seller should also do some research as well and provide a detailed description. The way I look at it, it's more or less both of our faults and I won't fault it for the same thing I'm guilty of.

The bottom line is that I paid for the item less than 10 miutes after than auction and if given feedback at all, it should be positive.

The feedback games are childish and helps no one.
Neg me I'll neg you. :thumbdown
*** me I'll *** you. :thumbdown

OP, if the guy refunds you all of the money I would give him positive feedback for making it right. Both of you lost equal time, but he lost out the most with the item being smashed. He now needs to try and sell it again, but at a reduced price because there isn't a case anymore.

Sure, if he had packaged it better it may not have been smashed like it was, but that's something he will learn from because he lost money.
He could have insured it as well, but some people take chances to save a little money.

Well that would put us both at an impasse. If I sold an item and received instant payment--which doesn't always occur on eBay, I would leave positive feedback. If the buyer leaves negative feedback than I didn't do something correctly as a seller.
Not really an impasse, I don't consider the transaction concluded until the buyer is happy. When they let me know they are, they get positive feedback. I don't care if they leave it for me first, or at all. Just let me know you received the item and are happy with it.

Top Bottom