What's new

Horrible eBay Seller --

The worst eBay sellers are the ones that wait for you to give them feedback before giving you any. I pay as soon as an auction is over. I did all I was required to do as a buyer, so give me the positive feedback on being prompt with my payment. And you know if you neg them or give them neutral feedback they will neg you out of spite. A**H**ES!

If I see that written in an auction description, I look elsewhere. Honestly, a seller should be required to leave feedback before shipping or none at all. :angry:

Totally agree!! Sellers should leave feedback FIRST! The buyer fulfilled his/her obligation. If the seller does something wrong, he/she wants you to contact them to resolve the issue before leaving feedback. There shouldn't be anything wrong on their part if they're fair and honest. Wish eBay could force sellers to leave FB first. :mad3:

The worst eBay sellers are the ones that wait for you to give them feedback before giving you any. I pay as soon as an auction is over. I did all I was required to do as a buyer, so give me the positive feedback on being prompt with my payment. And you know if you neg them or give them neutral feedback they will neg you out of spite. A**H**ES!

If I see that written in an auction description, I look elsewhere. Honestly, a seller should be required to leave feedback before shipping or none at all. :angry:

I buy a lot and sell a little and when I buy I pay immediately too.

As a seller though I tend to wait a week or two before giving feedback to allow time for the item to arrive. This way when I give feedback (which will mention fast payment if applicable) it provides a reminder for the buyer, who should have received the item by then, to do so as well.

When I used to give feedback on payment I found I was rarely getting feedback from buyers, now almost all do so.

Have a little sympathy for eBay sellers too. For every lousy seller out there I'd suggest that there is a lousy buyer and the odds are really tipped in the buyer's favour. It is not a land of gentlemen like B&B!

This is why some eBay buyers make me sick. These sellers are people too and most do this for extra money. Sadly most get scammed because of fraud and dishonest buyers. These days a buyer has no risk on ebay as you can't get a negative feedback and have a 100% chance at getting your money back. Give the guy a break and give him a chance to make it right. You spend two dollars on eBay for something that costs $10 or $20 in the store and want grade A customer service then pay full retail. :mad3:

I buy a lot and sell a little and when I buy I pay immediately too.

As a seller though I tend to wait a week or two before giving feedback to allow time for the item to arrive. This way when I give feedback (which will mention fast payment if applicable) it provides a reminder for the buyer, who should have received the item by then, to do so as well.

When I used to give feedback on payment I found I was rarely getting feedback from buyers, now almost all do so.

Have a little sympathy for eBay sellers too. For every lousy seller out there I'd suggest that there is a lousy buyer and the odds are really tipped in the buyer's favour. It is not a land of gentlemen like B&B!

+1 :001_smile

This is why some eBay buyers make me sick. These sellers are people too and most do this for extra money. Sadly most get scammed because of fraud and dishonest buyers. These days a buyer has no risk on ebay as you can't get a negative feedback and have a 100% chance at getting your money back. Give the guy a break and give him a chance to make it right. You spend two dollars on eBay for something that costs $10 or $20 in the store and want grade A customer service then pay full retail. :mad3:

Welcome to B&B! Quite the first post. If you are here to hang around a while you might want to introduce yourself over at the Shave Clinic & Newbie Check-In. Hopefully you didn't join to just say that. :001_smile

-jim

That's an unfortunate situation. I sure hope you'll give the seller time to rectify the situation before leaving any kind of negative feedback.

I don't know if I agree with this.
I ordered some razor blades (feathers) from a guy (shipping from overseas) on eBay. Shipping obviously takes awhile, right. So I wait and a few days after the expected date for me to receive. I contact him and say I haven't got any, he says he'll send another set. Sounds good. Well, all that happens and the 45 day window closes for eBay and PayPal to be able to file any sort of claim. So I'm out $15 and don't even get to leave feedback. This coming from an eBay seller with over 1000 positive ratings and like two negatives in the past year. I wonder how many people get ripped off like I did and have no recourse. $15 lesson learned I suppose.

By the time things are bought, shipped, and contact made things are over the time limits.
I say leave negative feedback, explain as best you can what happened, and let the reconsiliation system sort itself out. At the very least the seller needs to be outed as a terrible packager. If I were going to buy anything breakable from him I should think twice.

Where was my "no risk" as a buyer?
And I don't think he's expecting Grade A customer service... just expecting to get the damn product, right? If I pay you $2 for something you agree to sell me for that price I'd better damn well get that product. Or is eBay just a donation service?

Last edited:
I don't know if I agree with this.
I ordered some razor blades (feathers) from a guy (shipping from overseas) on eBay. Shipping obviously takes awhile, right. So I wait and a few days after the expected date for me to receive. I contact him and say I haven't got any, he says he'll send another set. Sounds good. Well, all that happens in the 45 day window closes for eBay and PayPal to be able to file any sort of claim. So I'm out $15 and don't even get to leave feedback.

By the time things are bought, shipped, and contact made things are over the limit.

From my interpretation, it sounded like OP's situation is occurring in the US, so it seems like it would be more likely for everything to happen well within 45 days. In some cases, one can still get his money back through his credit card provider, even after the PayPal dispute/eBay feedback deadlines. You bring up a really good point though--buying from eBay sellers outside the US is risky. I ordered some stuff from a seller in China and (luckily) it's arrived in the US, but I'm always nervous when I order stuff from overseas.

From my interpretation, it sounded like OP's situation is occurring in the US, so it seems like it would be more likely for everything to happen well within 45 days. In some cases, one can still get his money back through his credit card provider, even after the PayPal dispute/eBay feedback deadlines. You bring up a really good point though--buying from eBay sellers outside the US is risky. I ordered some stuff from a seller in China and (luckily) it's arrived in the US, but I'm always nervous when I order stuff from overseas.

I've ordered lots of stuff from China, Japan, Poland, etc... on eBay and have never had a problem until this guy. How easy is it to say, hey, I'm shipping this out but it takes 30 days to ship to you. Let me know if you don't have it in 30 days and I'll ship you another (which will take another 30 days). Then instead of sending product you just tell the buyer that you did (twice) and the feedback/PayPal window closes and you get $15 on a two minute investment.

Sounds like a hell of a deal to me!
I still stand by the fact that the seller to the OP should be "dinged" for poor packaging. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that four glass mugs will break in the mail.

+1 for sure!:thumbup1:

I've ordered lots of stuff from China, Japan, Poland, etc... on eBay and have never had a problem until this guy. How easy is it to say, hey, I'm shipping this out but it takes 30 days to ship to you. Let me know if you don't have it in 30 days and I'll ship you another (which will take another 30 days). Then instead of sending product you just tell the buyer that you did (twice) and the feedback/PayPal window closes and you get $15 on a two minute investment.

Sounds like a hell of a deal to me!
I still stand by the fact that the seller to the OP should be "dinged" for poor packaging. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that four glass mugs will break in the mail.

I've had this happen to me once, i just filed a paypal dispute when the time reached 40 days, i then informed the seller as to what i was doing and why. I recieved a refund from Paypal, then after the item finally arrived i re-sent the money.

Also, i dont leave feedback at all until i recieve the item and inspect it for damage. If there is damage i contact the seller before i leave feedback just to see if they want to resolve the problem. Again, if the time reaches 40 days and the problem is not resolved i file a dispute with Paypal while contacting the seller, just so i dont get hung high and dry.

The worst eBay sellers are the ones that wait for you to give them feedback before giving you any. I pay as soon as an auction is over. I did all I was required to do as a buyer, so give me the positive feedback on being prompt with my payment.

+1 :thumbup1:

At the very least the seller needs to be outed as a terrible packager.

+1 :thumbup1:

Personally, I have absolutely zero tolerance for this.

Spoken like an e-bay seller. It's nonsense. This practice would make seller feedback ratings almost meaningless. The seller earned less-than-great feedback through terrible packaging. He or she should make it right (refund or replacement) because it's the right thing to do, not in an attempt to hide the initial poor shipping. And the buyer wasn't demanding "grade A customer service," just common-sense packaging.

Well, here's an update: I contacted the seller and politely explained the situation, telling him that I'd pics to show if he so desired to send me his email (he didn't), and was very open about what happened (but not angry). He wrote this back to me:

"im very sorry for the problem if you give me an address agian and a price ill send you the mone"

Wait! He didn't know the price?? Ok, fine. So I (again politely) emailed him back that it was $XX, that being $XX for merch + $12 for shipping ($8 of which was actually postage and the remaining $4 presumably for "handling/packing," though I didn't write this latter part).

That was yesterday afternoon/early eve; haven't heard anything back yet. But I'll give him time.

What a crap excuse for a human being that seller is. A chap that's fit for the Guillotine chop in my book. Careless to the point of selfdestruction. Off with his head, let it roll.

Last edited:

I can't quite agree with this. I always pay promptly, but that doesn't mean that I won't get unreasonable later. For all the seller knows, I may try to return something for some made-up reason just out of buyer's remorse. Also, if a seller leaves me glowing feedback before I've received his item, it's like it's putting pressure on me to leave him good feedback in turn. I'm perfectly happy to see the seller wait.

On the original topic, a single shaving mug that I bought from an eBay seller once arrived, not in a box, but in a padded envelope of all things. However, out of sheer blind luck, it was not damaged at all. No harm, no foul? I decided not to leave any feedback at all. Didn't want to leave a positive for somebody who had done something that dumb, but since I'd gotten what I ordered at a satisfactory price, didn't really want to leave a negative or neutral, either. There was no point in writing to the seller, who was obviously seriously lacking in common sense.

Ebay is not a wholesale outlet. Sellers go on there list the item put a price on it and sell it. Thats called retail !!! If you bid on something through the auction and have a reserve that is also retail, because the seller has put a retail price on it and just wants to see if they can get more:thumbdown. If there is not a reserve on the item in my opionon they just want to get rid of it. I'm not sure what grade A service is but I do want the seller to obey the rules and laws that govern money trans-actions............. But that's just my thoughts

I've had this happen but the window for you if you use a credit card is 90 days I believe and they refund no questions asked generally.

i don't know if i agree with this.
I ordered some razor blades (feathers) from a guy (shipping from overseas) on ebay. Shipping obviously takes awhile, right. So i wait and a few days after the expected date for me to receive. I contact him and say i haven't got any, he says he'll send another set. Sounds good. Well, all that happens and the 45 day window closes for ebay and paypal to be able to file any sort of claim. So i'm out $15 and don't even get to leave feedback. This coming from an ebay seller with over 1000 positive ratings and like two negatives in the past year. I wonder how many people get ripped off like i did and have no recourse. $15 lesson learned i suppose.

By the time things are bought, shipped, and contact made things are over the time limits.
I say leave negative feedback, explain as best you can what happened, and let the reconsiliation system sort itself out. At the very least the seller needs to be outed as a terrible packager. If i were going to buy anything breakable from him i should think twice.

Where was my "no risk" as a buyer?
And i don't think he's expecting grade a customer service... Just expecting to get the damn product, right? If i pay you $2 for something you agree to sell me for that price i'd better damn well get that product. Or is ebay just a donation service?

very well put..................

Top Bottom