What's new

Bluebird Tungsten..Personna 74's

The ones with the blue insert? The commonly available ones?

If so, then they are better than Derbys, but probably not going to meet up to your expectations if you're used to P74s. I find the Bluebird to be excellent in those open-comb slant bakelite razors that used to be easy to find.

Be seeing you.

I've never heard bluebirds compared to 74's. I don't think the tungsten they use in the bluebirds, if they use tungsten, is similar to the method used in manufacturing the 74s.

The 74's are great. I've used them once. But honestly, I don't see much point in discussing them, as they are difficult to find, and insanely expensive. Yes, someone sold some cases really cheap recently, but that was an oddity to say the least

If I'm not mistaken, Bluebirds use tungsten in the coating (it's part of the coating blend on Derbys as well).

The base metal of the Personna 74 was a tungsten-steel alloy, with a titanium coating...a much different duck.

The coating that you want to try that is similar to the P74 is Titanium, the tungsten was in the blade itself, as noted above.

The Supermax Sunrise has the Titanium coating. I am on shave number 9 with mine. (Note that I normally get a few more shaves per blade than most, but this blade does have great longevity).......

Top Bottom