What's new

N GA Meetup Summer 2011

Since a good time was had by all (...all 3 of us :blush:) earlier this month. I think with a little more organization and more lead-up time we could have a meetup to rival the likes of the DFW meets :lol:

So, as it stands we're in the pre-planning stage, target date early-mid June. Aiming for somewhere more people are aware of, Coopers furnace is real nice, but it's a bit out of the way and tough to find. We're open to ideas. Anywhere in the North Metro area (Dallas, Acworth, Kennesaw seems to me the main concentration of members) that has a preferably free facility to use, grilling capability. Unless we determine it's too hot to be outside. Favorite eateries are another option.

Toss out some ideas and let's get this thing rolling :thumbup1:

How about Red Top Mountain?

we were shooting for that for the last meetup, but pavilion rental/reservation fees are ~$75

IF there's an empty pavilion we're allowed to use it, but they reserve the right to remove us if there is a reservation

I recall a pavilion being available at no cost near the dam office just off 41 between Acworth and Cartersville. It may have been on Allatoona Dam Rd.

I'm up for anywhere as long as we can bring toys and play with them. Some restaurants may frown on a big heavily tattooed dude waving straight razors around.... :lol::lol::lol:

I'm up for anywhere as long as we can bring toys and play with them. Some restaurants may frown on a big heavily tattooed dude waving straight razors around.... :lol::lol::lol:

They may frown on it but I bet they're reluctant to say anything to those big heavily tattooed dudes. :lol:

I work for the City of Gainesville There is a park on lake lanier close to Lakeshore mall I could probably get a pavillion in. There is also all kinds of stuff for kids to play on if needed. Gainesville may be a bit farther north than yall want to venture though. Let me know if your interested and I will ask.

Jason

Last edited:
Gainesville would be great for me. I work there too.

I feel like i should break out in a stirring rendition of "Its a small world after all"

Since we stomp some of the same ground do you know of any place around here that sells wet shaving stuff?

Thanks

If it's a nice day, I could always make a motorcycle ride to Gainesville - about the only way I could afford the trip!