What's new

Trader Joe's Mango Shave Cream - NO

I thought for $3, why not give it a shot. The verdict: it sucks.

For starters it has been observed here that it's not really a lathering cream. you just slap it on with your hands and put a "thin layer" over the shaving area. It seemed slippery enough on my hands, but when razor met face, not so much. It's just not as lubricious as my Taylor's shaving creams.

Maybe my daughter will take it to shave her legs. I won't use it again. YMMV.

Sounds like the Burts Bee's I was using up until 2 weeks ago, it seemed dry and unable to make a lather, thats when I made the switch to Col Conks Almond that I had on hand, magnificent change.

John

I actually don't think it's bad at all. Depends on what your expectations are I guess. I think it's a good travel cream when in a pinch, or pre-shave.

Reviews seem pretty mixed on this stuff. Jim reviewed it and thought it was great, and even lathered great, but that does not seem a universal impression.

-Mo

I feel compelled to add this: I [heart] Trader Joe's and I shop there regularly. I just don't like this product.

Reviews seem pretty mixed on this stuff. Jim reviewed it and thought it was great, and even lathered great, but that does not seem a universal impression.

-Mo

Indeed I did. My conclusion is that its just not worth the effort to get it to work.
There are better choices out there by far and for almost the same money.

:badger:

Indeed I did. My conclusion is that its just not worth the effort to get it to work.
There are better choices out there by far and for almost the same money.

That's thing thing, isn't it. There are enough really wonderful shaving creams and soaps out there, that do everything to perfection, I don't see the point of using anything that is less than fantastic.

-Mo

Top Bottom