What's new

A Great Shave Today

Well... I bought a DE head from TGN thinking I might spin a handle for it out of something different when I decided to take it for a test drive to see what I'd spent my money on. I found a handle from a piece of junk razor I'd bought on the 'bay. It was made in India and didn't have any centering pins to keep the blade aligned. So I never used it and the handle is...meh at best. Then I saw the TGN head was mfg'd in India as well. Oh boy.

Anyway I load up with an Astra, lather up and proceed with what turns out to be a terrific shave. 2 passes and that was it. Very comfortable, nicely aggressive and no irritation. Upon a closer look it would seem that whoever mfg'd this thing copied the EJ89 head fairly closely. Now it may not be for everyone but if you have a custom handle or you want to get one, you could do a lot worse for a shaving head than this and the best part is it's only $17.

The photo is from the TGN website, I don't think Tony'll mind.:001_rolle

Last edited:
I just finished putting the head to an old pen body I had laying around and it worked out pretty good. Pics tomorrow

That head looks very like the Parker three-piece razors heads, also made in India.

I find I get a great shave from my 98R, it is quite aggressive but if I am careful and concentrate, the blood stays on the inside where it is supposed to be! :lol:

Got the razor all put together with the old pen body and here it is. Works really well and the handle isn't slippery...bonus.

Top Bottom