What's new

Gillette Monotech

I couldn't find any posts about this razor, so I thought I would share some pictures of mine. This is basically the Brazilian version of the Super Speed with a different handle. I'm not real sure about the dates of production, but the Mr. Razor website shows one from 1954 as well as 1973 -- so they appear to have been made for a good while, although I find it unusual that they are so seldom seen. Mine is from 1970 with a P2 date code. The case is identical to the US Super Speed model from that same time period, albeit in blue.

It's very well constructed and finished, and much nicer than the plastic or resin handle Super Speeds that were being produced in the US at the time.

Wow, that looks great. I really like the look of this one. If you don't mind my asking, where did you find one?

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
That's really different, a great item for Super Speed buffs like me!

Wow, that looks great. I really like the look of this one. If you don't mind my asking, where did you find one?

My question as well and where can I get one?

That is one that I hope to own sometime in the future. Like you said there arent too many around.

Very nice razor, thanks for sharing :thumbup1:

Top Bottom