What's new

Calling all VINTAGE SIMPSONS - Hear Ye Hear Ye

This Chubby beauty arrived today. Marked Hoffritz 103 on the shaft of the handle and Best Badger on the bottom.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Bob, thanks.

It appears to be a crack, but a stable one. Not sure how deep it runs.

A craggy face adds character. And, it's true that we ususally have the face we deserved by the age of 40, so I think Chubby here qualifies.

I used it for this afternoon's shave. What a soft lather monster.

Bob, thanks.

It appears to be a crack, but a stable one. Not sure how deep it runs.

A craggy face adds character. And, it's true that we ususally have the face we deserved by the age of 40, so I think Chubby here qualifies.

I used it for this afternoon's shave. What a soft lather monster.

I couldn't agree more.

Man, the original beehive. I'm surprised it didn't go for a heck of a lot more.

Is that what it was, a beehive? I can see it now that you mention it... did you notice that the top of that has that channel like the tulip does, it could almost be a prototype!

I was the under bidder on that one. Sniped by $1.00 (well, probably the other guy's max bid was far higher) with seconds to go.

Hopefully we'll see it posted here in detail.. but a gorgeous beauty of a brush indeed! You don't see these odd ones show up too often.

yea that stinks its all about the sniping now in order to get something. It basically requires you to track everything down to the wire if you finds something you really want.

I was the under bidder on that one. Sniped by $1.00 (well, probably the other guy's max bid was far higher) with seconds to go.

I was under you! For what it is worth I've often sniped and 'won' by the minimum bid increment when my max was way higher - it is just the way eBay works.

yea that stinks its all about the sniping now in order to get something. It basically requires you to track everything down to the wire if you finds something you really want.

Don't be too harsh on snipers. Just find an online service (I use Gixen) and use it. There is nothing unfair about it - you set you max bid and walk away. With most autons ending in the middle of the night for me it is the only way to work.

But back to the brush - I was sorely tempted to bid much higher but already have more than I can use ...

It is said that Gary Young make this brush himself in 1986, probably one of a kind.
It's a pretty heavy brush for it's size, knot is 20X44 but no idea of the hair, very very soft and good backbone, a pleasure to use in FL.

Top Bottom