What's new

Calling all VINTAGE SIMPSONS - Hear Ye Hear Ye

Gentlemen, it's time we started a thread dedicated to VINTAGE SIMPSON brushes and all SIMPSON derivatives (e.g. certain HOFFRITZ models).

There have been a slew of posts recently trying to identify vintage SIMPSON brush acquisitions and I figured with the SBADs that some of us have suffered (or are currently suffering), we should have enough images of our own brushes to post here.

This thread is not intended to compete with the extremely dangerous and addictive butterscotch thread that is probably the root cause of our own vintage acquisitions!!

The following criteria shall apply:

1. Brush(es) must not be current production pieces; vintage (butterscotch) examples of current productions ARE acceptable (re-knotted or otherwise). :thumbup:
  2. Non-SIMPSON Brush(es) must be based on a SIMPSON design or derived from a SIMPSON design.
  3. Please post brushes that have been identified by a model number or next of kin. We don't want to clutter the thread with unidentified specimens. If you do see an unidentified brush that you recognize, please PM the owner so they can come back and edit their post with the appropriate description.
  4. Please post a single brush at a time to make the thread easier to navigate.
  5. Please stay on topic gentlemen - SIMPSONS SIMPSONS SIMPSONS :blush:

Last edited:
Vintage Simpson Beaufort B1 (18mm/Pure). The last image is alongside a Plisson HMW #12 for size comparison.

Here's a mid-70's "7" Simpson. It was produced at the Nimmer Mill. Handle height is approx 51mm, and overall height is approx 101mm.

Second picture is included as a size reference.

Last edited:
Here are a couple-

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
proxy.php

great thread - sorry to break the rules, but here are two for you in one post - TGN restored M7 and KH4....

Last edited:
Here is my modest contribution to the thread:

full

This is the original knot in Best, but I'm not sure when this small version of the Colonel was made.

EDIT: Gary indicated that this is a late 60's-early 70's era brush

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom