What's new

Shaving Mug Pays For Itself

I have been a face lather for the whole time I had been straight shaving, which is almost three years. A few weeks ago I bought my first shaving mug, and, boy, this thing pays for itself! I took me a week to get the hang of it, but now it works great. First of all, I make the lather in the mug, instead of on my face which can get annoying after a while. Secondly, by adding more water to the mug as I go along, I have enough lather for 3+ passes. When I used to face lather, I would only have enough for 1 1/2. I don't know how I got by without a shaving mug.

Sounds like you could have used a lesson on face lathering if you only got 1.5 passes out of it, but glad you like the mug

what's with the condescending posts? here's another one from a scuttle thread today LINK :sneaky2:

shaving mugs are awesome, glad you like yours.

i have a couple OS mugs i use and love the looks and function of them for adding pucks or melted soap to.

Last edited:
All I ever knew about shaving was Load and face lather until I got here and I starting using a home made scuttle to build up a bowl of hot lather.

Top Bottom