What's new

Newly acquired G5 Scuttle. Wow

**DISCLAIMER**

I already had the shavemac. Just wanted to set it in the scuttle since I got that scuttle to match the handle of the shavemac :lol:

Wow, that looks fantastic. I have Dirty Bird 1.5 and I love the warm lather, especially during the winter.

Dude, I can't wait to use it in the winter. I love warm lather. Now I will say I have tested the heat-holding ability of the scuttle, using water about 140-160 degrees. It doesn't stay HOT, but it stays moderately and comfortably warm for about 20 minutes, which fits my time frame. I am also digging the aesthetic value of it.

One trick I use for my DB is to fill it (both inside and the cup) with hot water before I shower. I pour out the water and refill it with hot water before preparing the lather, then I use it as normal. This seems to warm up the scuttle and it keeps it hot for a bit longer.

I also do this for my coffee mug. I fill it with hot water and let it sit while I prepare the coffee. When it is ready, I discard the water and make it as normal.

Looks cool for what it is, but seems highly unnecessary to me

perhaps, but until you use a nice scuttle such as the G5 of DB and feel warm lather for your whole shave, you don't know what your missing.

i love my DB and the G5 is a work of art as well.

great pickup and very nice glaze. i like it! :thumbup:

One trick I use for my DB is to fill it (both inside and the cup) with hot water before I shower. I pour out the water and refill it with hot water before preparing the lather, then I use it as normal. This seems to warm up the scuttle and it keeps it hot for a bit longer.

I also do this for my coffee mug. I fill it with hot water and let it sit while I prepare the coffee. When it is ready, I discard the water and make it as normal.

This is what mantic does in his video :thumbup1:

Thanks guys. I feel like georgetown pottery makes a very nice scuttle. I have heard great things about the dirtybird, and believe both to be good choices if one wants to keep lather a little warmer :thumbup1:

Thanks guys. I feel like georgetown pottery makes a very nice scuttle. I have heard great things about the dirtybird, and believe both to be good choices if one wants to keep lather a little warmer :thumbup1:

absolutely!

haven't heard too many bad things about either. i was very very close to ordering a G5, but a good deal came up on the DB, so i went that way.

i own the DB 1.5 and it's great, and am looking at adding a Georgetown Brush Scuttle. they don't list it on their site, but they will make it if you ask (1 pc).

Thanx, it came with an impressive price tag to match.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It is a thing of beauty though. And since it's limited edition, I suppose should you ever feel a need to sell it, you could probably gain back what you spent on it, and then some. Hopefully

Top Bottom