What's new

Classic Cobra

I recently sold my Feather Stainless DE so that I could purchase the Classic Cobra. I have gravitated towards the SE and injector razors and found that the Feather just wasn't doing it for me anymore. I could get a nice, irritation-free shave but found that it wasn't all that close compared to the SE or injector.

I had my first shave with the Cobra today loaded with a Feather Pro blade. It wasn't difficult to load and I didn't lose any blood by handling the blade. :lol:

I shaved with it like I would my Hydromatic injector and had an awesome shave. I had a slight cut under my ear on the jaw line because I accidently moved the razor sideways but it was very slight because I caught myself as I did it.

I will be shaving with it again tomorrow and can't wait. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hands down my favorite safety razor. IMO the best safety razor for head shaving also. Congrats on your new razor.....I also found changing the blade quite easy. :thumbup:

I switched to it 4 months ago from Futur and Slant. I still use DE, but rarely.
CC is a great razor. I am getting BBS nearly every time.
I also like (comparing with regular injector) that I can easily remove the blade after each shave
and wash both blade and razor. I only wish it would be a matching stand to it (similar to Feather SS)

Last edited:
Hands down my favorite safety razor. IMO the best safety razor for head shaving also. Congrats on your new razor.....I also found changing the blade quite easy. :thumbup:

+1

It is my favorite razor by far. A while back I finally convinced myself I could sell my backup, then I bought another on eBay, and again convinced myself I did not need two. :tongue_sm Now another Cobra veteran has one for home and one for the road. :thumbup:

I took some photos a while ago when a few members were considering buying one. You can find some comparing a Type F and the Cobra Classic at the following links:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showpost.php?p=2033410&postcount=20

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showpost.php?p=2033414&postcount=21

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showpost.php?p=2033420&postcount=22

Last edited:

As a bald man who has taken the path of the shaved head.....what about this razor makes you feel like it is best for head shaving? Is there anything specific?

Pictures Bob or it did not happen. :lol:

Here's a picture from today's shave: Cobra Classic, Feather Pro blade, Mama Bear's Lilac Ice soap, Mama Bear's Lilac Ice Milk, Chubby 2, AOS Alum.

Day two was another great shave. It is like shaving with one of my injectors and a real pleasure. The areas that typically don't give me trouble are much easier to shave because of the extra width of the head. The trouble spots where I like to take my time are ok too because it is very easy to manipulate this razor.

It has a hefty feel to it, was easy to load, and performs great. This one is a keeper. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

+1

It is my favorite razor by far. A while back I finally convinced myself I could sell my backup, then I bought another on eBay, and again convinced myself I did not need two. :tongue_sm Now another Cobra veteran has one for home and one for the road. :thumbup:

I took some photos a while ago when a few members were considering buying one. You can find some comparing a Type F and the Cobra Classic at the following links:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showpost.php?p=2033410&postcount=20

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showpost.php?p=2033414&postcount=21

Great comparison shots! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

As a bald man who has taken the path of the shaved head.....what about this razor makes you feel like it is best for head shaving? Is there anything specific?

The size of the head....wide but not fat. This is also the only way experience Feather Professional blades in a safety razor. The other way is by using a Feather AC straight. For me the Feather Professional blade is second to none.

These babies are hard to get a hold of. Recieved an email today from the shop I'm buying one from, or was hoping to anyway, that they're behind on orders (manufacters), and could be 3 months before they're in stock :scared:

These babies are hard to get a hold of. Recieved an email today from the shop I'm buying one from, or was hoping to anyway, that they're behind on orders (manufacters), and could be 3 months before they're in stock :scared:

I just checked Classic Shavings site and they show that they are still in stock for 145.00

I just checked Classic Shavings site and they show that they are still in stock for 145.00

Aye, true mate. Thing is, therer was a thread on it the other day, customs are being 'funny' at the moment and by the time I actually get hold of them, they'd have cost a fair bit more.

I'll wait the 2-3 months. Only two weeks ago i bought a Mergress XL, so I'm having fun with that, but the Cobra is a defo on the hit list.

That thing looks totally badass! I'm mostly a DE man lately, but I can see where that would really speed up my head shaves and that alone makes it worth a try! If I could get one that is...

The size of the head....wide but not fat. This is also the only way experience Feather Professional blades in a safety razor. The other way is by using a Feather AC straight. For me the Feather Professional blade is second to none.

Interesting, I will have to keep an eye out for these in the future....might be nice to try! Thanks!

I think there is a thread here on B&B where members mentioned buying Feather Professional blades, clipping them down to size, and using them in their favorite injector of choice (e.g., Schick Type E). I think Ambrose was one of the members who used to do this, but I seem to recall there were a number of people that mentioned it. I am not good with tools, and I like my fingers, so I just bought the Cobra Classic. :001_rolle

Top Bottom