What's new

Savile Row 3118 ... Wow!

Took delivery not too long ago of "il bambino," the little 18mm SR silver tip. Just broke it out today with fresh Cella (from the brick) and a NEW short comb. All I can say is WHOA! This little guy lathers like there's no tomorrow! Great feel, nice contour (I like smaller brushes), excellent release. It's like a top end sports car driving around my face - no lather in my ears, up my nose, on my cheeks. And the latherability is out of this world. Nice backbone out of the gate and Charmin-soft tips a-tickling my face ... I gotta tell you, I'm thoroughly impressed. The SR 3118 gets high marks from me. :thumbup1:

(p.s. - anyone know how to say "Savile Row"? Is it suh-vile-row or suh-vill-row or even suh-vill-eh-row?)

Last edited:
Took delivery not too long ago of "il bambino," the little 18mm SR silver tip. Just broke it out today with fresh Cella (from the brick) and a NEW short comb. All I can say is WHOA! This little guy lathers like there's no tomorrow! Great feel, nice contour (I like smaller brushes), excellent release. It's like a top end sports car driving around my face - no lather in my ears, up my nose, on my cheeks. And the latherability is out of this world. Nice backbone out of the gate and Charmin-soft tips a-tickling my face ... I gotta tell you, I'm thoroughly impressed. The SR 3118 gets high marks from me. :thumbup1:

(p.s. - anyone know how to say "Savile Row"? Is it suh-vile-row or suh-vill-row or even suh-vill-eh-row?)
It really is a fabulous brush, one of my faves. Wish the handle were a touch longer, but otherwise really superb.

As far as pronunciation, I have always assumed it was suh-vill-row.

Dave

3118 - I dig mine! :thumbup1:

Not that I'd ever try to enable your brush purchasing but the Savile Row knots get even nicer as they get bigger. :tongue_sm

However you think it should be pronounced is correct :)

Though I'd say something like sahvool (with the oo being like in wool, not boo and no particular stress, just flowing the syllables together.

Top Bottom