What's new

This stuff is Great!

My Tabac arrived today so when I got home I shaved with it and WOW it is the first shave without razor burn on my neck. I've been DE shaving for about a month and half Williams and VDH worked ok but not like Tabac! I cant wait till my Edwin Jagger DE89811 gets here. This forum is great thanksto all of you for all the great info.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Tabac is second only to Cella in my den. It's great that you got into Tabac as early as you did. I went almost a whole year of wet shaving before trying it.

Cool beans. Did you find the Tabac soap lathered up better than the VDH or the Williams? I can get what I think is a good lasting lather from the Williams using the method in the wiki (haven't tried the VDH yet), but it takes a good bit of work. While part of it's surely my technique, something that requires a little less 'stirring' wouldn't be unappreciated!

I'm just getting into wet shaving and using/practicing with soaps until I settle on a razor to finally push 'buy' on, so I'd appreciate thoughts from a relatively new person as well as all the advice from the kind experienced folks around here :)

Tabac is the first I used...the only so far. It's great. I think it's time to buy my second soap/cream though...any recommendations that won't feel a step down from Tabac?

Tabac is the first I used...the only so far. It's great. I think it's time to buy my second soap/cream though...any recommendations that won't feel a step down from Tabac?

NO... but you may like QCS, it's tallow based like Tabac, classified as a cream but has the consistency of a Soft soap, I'd recommend the Provence or Key Lime for Summer, not sweet and sugary like most limes, very dry. These provide a Very Good lather.

I've heard mixed reviews of the Tabac scent. I plan on getting a tub fairly soon regardless. What can I expect in terms of scent? Can anyone compare it to anything? (Not another soap, as I haven't used a lot of them to begin with!)

Soaps- D.R. Harris Arlington, Valobra shave stick(very little fragrance), Cella(not a strong fragrance), Mitchell's Wool Fat(not a strong fragrance), and Irisch Moos shave stick(made by same company as Tabac). Noted lighter scents in case that's also a large part of your criteria.

i don't use creams as much as soaps, but i've liked Coate's, Truefitt & Hill(a sampler pack can be had for $10 with shipping), Speick(light lavender smell that can be a bit medicinal), Taylor of Old Bond Street(shoeboxshaveshop has samples), and Geo F Trumper(Sampler pack can also be had for 8 pounds, not sure if that still includes shipping).

I've heard mixed reviews of the Tabac scent. I plan on getting a tub fairly soon regardless. What can I expect in terms of scent? Can anyone compare it to anything? (Not another soap, as I haven't used a lot of them to begin with!)
Afraid i can't really compare it to anything, because it has a lot going on.
http://www.tabac-original.de/english/fragrance.htm
Its scent can change a bit for me depending on what notes i seem to pick up on initially.
When you first crack open a puck, the smell will be very overpowering, but it will die down a bit after a few uses.

Top Bottom