What's new

Second post: DE shaving as an effective stress reliever

Hi all. My second posting here.

Do anyone else here find that DE shaving is very effective in reducing stress after a hectic day?

I normaly shave in the evenings, and on days where it has been really stressful, nothing beats a DE shave to calm me down. The routine, the slow pace and the attention to the task really calms my frayed nerves.

On a side note, I recently bought a LORD Merkur Head and compared to my first razor (weishi), I have been getting better shaves, albeit with some occasional nicks. In fact, I just had my first BBS shave! :thumbup1:

Dan - I have only been DE shaving for a few days, but was saying to my wife last night that I do find the whole process very therapeutic!

even straight shaving can have that effect even during the initial learning period..

i think that once you get the angles down, the whole process from lathering to post shave is just enjoyable...

Can't see me ever shaving early am - I am a late pm sort of guy! I am bad in the mornings, and wouldnt trust myself

Other reason - when I get back from a slog at the office, there is nothing I like more than a beer, then a hot shower to relax. I am now fitting in my shave after the shower.

Conversely though, before I moved to DE shaving and was a slave to either an electric or a cart, I would shave all over the place - even known to electric shave in the car (oops).

Never again - love the peaceful time alone shaving with just the sound of the bristles being gently cut.

Hi all. My second posting here.

Do anyone else here find that DE shaving is very effective in reducing stress after a hectic day?

I normaly shave in the evenings, and on days where it has been really stressful, nothing beats a DE shave to calm me down. The routine, the slow pace and the attention to the task really calms my frayed nerves.

On a side note, I recently bought a LORD Merkur Head and compared to my first razor (weishi), I have been getting better shaves, albeit with some occasional nicks. In fact, I just had my first BBS shave! :thumbup1:
:thumbup1: +1000 I shave in the morning because it seems to help me get my head on strait to start the day. I couldn't agree more about the benefits.

I find shaving to be a lot like flying. You are so focused on the task at hand you have no time for worries an woes. Yes, this "me" time is very therapeutic.

I shave in the morning after breakfast just before I go to work. A perfect moment of serenity and joy. Clears my mind and therapeutic indeed.

But if I fiddle too long I have to hurry or risk being late....:001_rolle

I find it sooooo relaxing that many times I shave twice a day....
Evening I like the feeling before going to sleep...
Morning it is a nice start of the stressful day....
Am I sick:w00t:
And I ll do it till my skin stand it:001_smile

Tam

Last edited:
Love my daily time at the sink and like others think it is far from a chore any longer. That said I don`t think I could have gotten away with quite as much "me time" when I had younger kids.

:thumbup1: +1000 I shave in the morning because it seems to help me get my head on strait to start the day. I couldn't agree more about the benefits.

Ditto. I walk out the door on the way to work a different man than the guy who shaved in the shower with a fusion a year ago.

I especially enjoy the shave when I don't have to keep an eye on the clock. Morning shaves are generally accompanied by a mug of strong coffee, the odd evening shave when I do one, usually at the weekend, I allow myself a cold beer. Just in some decent music on the radio that I can sing along to!

Early am, have to have coffee first and then start the daily rituals. Then my wife and two boys get up. That's the way to start a day.:thumbup:

mostly pm shaver hot shower , warm fragrant lather , the brush it on the correct direction , whisker cut slowly and smoothly by correctly positioned razor , even the cleaning up the skuttle , brush , de ,and re hand stropping the blade before putting it all up , and finishing with a carefully selected aftershave ..........am shave only if have the time to do it properly the same as the pm shave . relaxingly, zen like sure sounds like it to me

Hi all. My second posting here...

Hi Dan,

I find the same thing -- that a good, well-done shave can take my mind off of just about everything else and be a great stress reducer. The time and concentration it takes to do it right and get a good shave makes me forget about my main source of stress (work) for that time.

Regarding your Lord razor, I'm assuming it's the LP.1822 a.k.a. L6. I've got one of these as well as a Weishi 2003-M. I agree, it will shave much more easily and more closely than the Weishi. The Weishi is VERY gentle, which makes it harder to get a close shave IMHO.

Sorry if any of this is found to be in poor grammar, I am starting to fall asleep....

Top Bottom