What's new

Grand Prize Egg

This was made a very special Easter holiday today. You see four and a half years ago my Dad passed away. All of his tools and personal effects were divided between my brother and I. All these years I thought he used an adjustable DE razor some. My brother had received his Blue Tip in the process of dividing things up. Well today after eating lunch with Mom, I told my brother I had a razor I wanted to show him (an ABC set). Upon hearing that my Mom says I found one I want to show you. Yes it was a Slim dated a year before my arrival on the big blue marble. I elected to give up the mug and other items to my brother for that Slim. I feel as if I hit the jackpot today. The birthdate Slim and other adjustables I have haven't been getting any use but something changed today. This razor will always be in my rotation. Sorry no pic but everyone knows what a Slim looks like. Although this one looks and feels a little different than all the rest.

Gillette could make a fortune from these stories if they brought back some decent DE's. Imagine a series of commercials with people reminiscing about using their father's or grandfather's razor and talking about passing it down to their own son. That is, in fact, what is happening every day with people on these forums. Thanks for the touching story.

I doubt many kids will ever get a Fusion passed down from their father much less hold onto it with any nostalgia. If Gillette brought back new reproductions of the Slim, Fatboy, etc., I'd be sure to make it worth their while and leave them for my son.

A great story, thanks for sharing. My mom sent me my granfather's Slim after he passed away. She went through the house and grabbed a lot of his personal effects as my grandmother isn't very sentimental. I also got his brush and an old puck of Williams. Some of my most prized possessions. Congrats and enjoy!

Ben

Wow, awesome awesome story. Love to hear these. I am blessed to still have Dad around, and was lucky to score a bottle of OS aftershave from him (vintage ~1973-74). I do know that he had used a DE for awhile, the switched to electric. He knows its still around their house somewhere, but not sure where. I can't wait to find it, and every visit keep checking another spot that has not been searched yet. Would love to find my grandfathers' razors as well, but who knows where they might be.
You have received a wonderful gift, and can tell you will cherish it. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom