What's new

Guerlain Vetiver

Purchased a bottle of Guerlain Vetiver Yesterday, loved the scent at first sniff.However i must say i am dissapointed with it's longevity.Only seems to last a few minutes on me.Does anyone else have this experience, have i been unlucky with my purchase or is this just how this particular scent works?Any of the reviews i have read seem to give it a good deal of staying power.

Vetiver differs according to vintage, the longest lasting for me was this one:

proxy.php

These are other releases that were reformulated and didn't seem to last as long:

proxy.php

Latest Version:

proxy.php

A few minutes as in ten, fifteen minutes? No, I got much longer than that with modest application, at least two hours. But Vetiver is no powerhouse to be sure. Not my favorite vetiver.

Wow - maybe the decant I got is something else, might also explain why I don't care for the dry down. Two or three sprays to my chest in the morning and I can still smell the drydown strongly when I wake up the next morning. Unfortunately for me, the drydown reminds me of stale cigarettes. I get pretty strong sillage as well. Maybe I need to get another sample because I had high hopes for this one.

Wear it a few more times. I felt the same way when I first got it, but I noticed after a few wearings it lasts longer than I thought.

It may be some variation of olfactory fatigue. Your nose tunes it out...

I got the vintage from Mudassir and I put it on for the first time this morning. I'd agree that it's not the strongest scent but it does last nicely (about four hours later now, and while it isn't strong I do smell it). Very springy.

Thanks everyone for all your advice and opinions.I will give it time and see how the scent comes along.Maybe i expected a little bit too much from it.I also sampled Guerlain pour Homme whilst i was purchasing the Vetiver and i thought that was quite nice.A lot stronger than the Vetiver i have to say.Thanks again.

If you're not already, you might try spraying it only on your wrists, to keep it away from your nose, in case you're getting olfactory fatigue. It lasts a good 8 to 10 hours on me.

I also have the ribbed bottle, and it lasts a good 10 hours on me. But I also have the matching deodorant and after shave balm, and I'm sure that helps extend the mileage.

Where are you guys applying this stuff?? A spray on each wrist, and behind each ear, and I can still detect it 8-10 hours later.. 15 minutes?? Is your sniffer broke??

I'm a regular wearer, and I can't say it has ever lasted less than 4 hours on me.
The initial strength wears off in perhaps 15 minutes, but settles down into the intended scent which fades over the day for me.
Nearly all scents have an initial oomph, that dissapates shortly thereafter to my nose.
By early afternoon I have to stick my nose fairly close to my wrists to get a good whiff, but it is still there.

If you're not already, you might try spraying it only on your wrists, to keep it away from your nose, in case you're getting olfactory fatigue. It lasts a good 8 to 10 hours on me.

+1 - I get very good staying power with GV. My bottle is the middle picture.

I'm wearing it today, I have the new stuff, it is one of the longest lasting colognes I own, all day, and then some, on me. Fairly generous with the application though.

I have the new formulation and it lasts at least 10 hrs on me. I got a bottle of the original formulation and it's a monster-12+ hrs and strong!!!

Top Bottom