What's new

OCMM not my cup of tea

P

Pjotr

I hate to admit it, being a rampant SE fanboy, that the OCMM doesn't do it for me. In fact it was the worst shave I've had, comparable to the time I accidently loaded a blade on top rather than behind the stops of my Clog Pruf. Had a two shave old blade on a two day old beard which in my case always results in a perfect irritation/burn free shave. I know I could hang in there and change things and keep trying but I've got loads of other SEs that just do it for me. I'll try and trade it for a Flying Wing/Bullet Tip or a Push Button. The milder end of the SE razor realm. Seems to be where I fit in best. Mind you, love the Streamline so maybe it's the open comb aspect.

I feel ya. I tried a beautiful Gem Junior Bar and it made a lot of noise but shaved little hair. Loved it but probably won't use it. Will be trying the demaskeene, clog pruf, and ocmm next. Hopefully I can find an SE to compare to my DE's.

I feel ya. I tried a beautiful Gem Junior Bar and it made a lot of noise but shaved little hair. Loved it but probably won't use it. Will be trying the demaskeene, clog pruf, and ocmm next. Hopefully I can find an SE to compare to my DE's.

Sorry to hear that. I had to give it a few tries before I got the correct angle. Then it shaved fine. I used a Gem Junior Bar today and got a DFS.

P

Pjotr

I've just started with SE's. I've got a 1912 that gives really good shaves. Trying to decide what my next one will be.

That's a good start and even if you don't go any further that's a great razor by itself. Let me see, my next one after the 1912 was a Streamline followed closely by the Clog Pruf and a Feather Weight. If you like SEs you'll have to try all of them really.

Sorry to hear that. I had to give it a few tries before I got the correct angle. Then it shaved fine. I used a Gem Junior Bar today and got a DFS.

It is very nice razor. Unfortunately, I only shave my neck and head. I just could not get the angle down on those areas. Will try again after I try a few other SE's.

I had the same problem - until I changed the angle to shave. Now I hold it closer to my face and the result is a great shave! That might be your problem.

I had the same problem - until I changed the angle to shave. Now I hold it closer to my face and the result is a great shave! That might be your problem.

It is undoubtedly the blade angle. The problem is I usually only shave my neck and noggin. It is hard to learn something so different on those areas. I just ordered 3 cartons in the SE blade group buy so I will not give up till the last blade is gone.

Last edited:
P

Pjotr

It is undoubtedly the blade angle. The problem is I usually only shave my neck and noggin. It is hard to learn something so different on those areas. I just ordered 3 cartons in the SE blade group buy so I will not give up till the last blade is gone.

Let me see, 3 cartons = 300 blades@6 shaves/blade = 1,800 shaves. If you shave every day that's nearly 6 years worth of shaving. That's having a fair go at learning how to use it.

I find the OCMM a LITTLE too aggressive. I often end up with a weeper or two, even if I'm careful. The angle's not the problem, I've had several GEMs, and plenty of practice. The 1912s are too mild, luckily I ind the clog-pruf just perfect.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I find the OCMM a LITTLE too aggressive. I often end up with a weeper or two, even if I'm careful. The angle's not the problem, I've had several GEMs, and plenty of practice. The 1912s are too mild, luckily I ind the clog-pruf just perfect.

I too, find the Clog Pruf to be the SE for me. But I do like my OCMM also. It took about a week of shaves to adapt to the open comb however.

The Streamline is the only SE I don't have in my arsenal as of yet. Anyone know where I can find one?

I've mentioned before that the Clog pruf is my favorite in the Micromatic line, and I really like the open comb and the Flying Wing. Seems like the CP provides the perfect balance of aggressiveness and comfort for a lot of guys.

It would be interesting to know if ASR got a lot of negative feedback on the open comb being a little too tough on some faces so they tamed it down a bit with the design of the Clog pruf. Just speculation on my part.

P

Pjotr

Yes, it is a bit mild. I like the ER 1914 and the Streamline better.

I get on perfectly with the Streamline (with a 3+ blade mind you) but the OC just killed me. Maybe I should give it another go. I'm not getting much luck trying to trade it with anything in B/S/T and I've never sold anything on e-bay (don't really want to either) so I might as well hold on to it for a bit.

so hoosier, since i absolutely love my ocmm, i still need to try a cp??? ok.............twist my arm, why dont ya!:001_cool:

Top Bottom