What's new

My modest collection.

I was cataloging my safety razors today and decided to gather the things together for a family picture. My wife has recently accepted the boxes that come to the doorstep without asking any questions. Enjoy!

Nice stuff.

I will show your collection to SWMBO, and say, "see...everybody has at least two scuttles."

She is ok with me adding razors, brushes, and fragrances, but I noticed a little pushback when I talked aloud about getting the G5 a brother or sister, maybe a Dirty Bird. You dork! is what she said, smiling.

Nice stuff.

I will show your collection to SWMBO, and say, "see...everybody has at least two scuttles."

She is ok with me adding razors, brushes, and fragrances, but I noticed a little pushback when I talked aloud about getting the G5 a brother or sister, maybe a Dirty Bird. You dork! is what she said, smiling.

Thanks for the generous reply's gentlemen!
Lol, don't worry as you are not alone. When my wife saw the G-5, she was wondering why I needed another scuttle? I told her I had to try all the scuttles to experience what they all had to offer, it is only fair...She actually took that comment well, she is a great partner! It has taken years for her to understand I will not stop collecting shaving stuff.

I see you have a prison razor in your collection (the one with the keychain attachment on the key). That is worth some money, I saw one on eBay go for more than $250 a couple of months ago.

I am also glad that SWMNBO finally learned to not mention your collection. Just remember her on your anniversary, maybe buy her a Gillette Lady model in pink or blue. As for shaving soap for women, I don't have a clue on what to buy.

I see you have a prison razor in your collection (the one with the keychain attachment on the key). That is worth some money, I saw one on eBay go for more than $250 a couple of months ago.

I am also glad that SWMNBO finally learned to not mention your collection. Just remember her on your anniversary, maybe buy her a Gillette Lady model in pink or blue. As for shaving soap for women, I don't have a clue on what to buy.

Yes, my "Psycho" is an English tech in mint condition, I don't think it has ever seen whiskers, including my own. Plus it has it's original key which really makes it the gem of my safety collection.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
That is not very modest. That is a nice collection. Do you shave more with the DE's or the straights?

That is not very modest. That is a nice collection. Do you shave more with the DE's or the straights?

Thank you. Believe it or not, I started shaving with straight razors well before safety's but I enjoy using my old Gillette's more than the straights. I can hardly break the routine of a 30's "new" open comb/feather and warm lather... The shave is just too good!

Nice Collection, I to Have Psycho Tech, Mine is also in Mint Condition, And yes that Key itself weight about 4 times as much at the Razor, Very, Very Solid Key Made for that Psycho Tech. I posted a Video of the Psycho Tech on YouTube, here is the link.
i did it with my Phone, so i only had one hand to film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feN3kMv7CJw

Nice Collection, I to Have Psycho Tech, Mine is also in Mint Condition, And yes that Key itself weight about 4 times as much at the Razor, Very, Very Solid Key Made for that Psycho Tech. I posted a Video of the Psycho Tech on YouTube, here is the link.
i did it with my Phone, so i only had one hand to film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feN3kMv7CJw

I have watched your video before, it really is a nice razor. Have you shaved with yours?

No, Never Shaved with mine at all, and i don't plan to, since its just a Collectible piece for me. i would shave one in user grade if i find one . but i really don't know how it shaves, Anyone Else out there shave with a Psycho before?

Mine was Made in 1952 what year was yours made in ? I think i saw one on EBay the other day it was made in 1972 if i'm not mistaken, seems these were around quite sometime.

Last edited:
That is a very nice collection, and I might add you have excellent taste in aftershaves. I love Citrus Musk and Clubman :thumbup1:

No, Never Shaved with mine at all, and i don't plan to, since its just a Collectible piece for me. i would shave one in user grade if i find one . but i really don't know how it shaves, Anyone Else out there shave with a Psycho before?

Mine was Made in 1952 what year was yours made in ? I think i saw one on EBay the other day it was made in 1972 if i'm not mistaken, seems these were around quite sometime.

I don't blame you for not using yours as to keep it nice and minty. I don't think the shave would be a great one IMHO, at least not for me. The tech's are good shavers, but I prefer a more aggressive shave such as my open comb "new". My "Psycho" is a 1960.

That is a very nice collection, and I might add you have excellent taste in aftershaves. I love Citrus Musk and Clubman :thumbup1:

Thank you for the kinds words! I too really enjoy the Pinaud products. My wife really likes the scent of the Citrus Musk.

Top Bottom