What's new

Favorite Montale?

Hey Guys,

I'm thinking about buying more Montale this summer. Thus far, I have a travel bottle of Black Aoud that I got when I bought a bottle of Attar for my wife. I'm thinking about buying a bottle of Cuir d'Arabie and adding another travel bottle of Black Aoud. Any other suggestions? Your reasons?

Cuir d'Arabie is excellent. I didn't like it too much when I first tried it, but I now really enjoy it. Another Montale I like is Patchouli Leaves, which is really wonderful. However, if you don't like amber, you may not like it because I detect a strong amber note in that one.

I highly endorse the Red Vetyver recommendations you've received. This is one of the best made "summer" scents I've tried to date. It reminds me a bit of Terre d'Hermes, but is IMHO much more refined and rich. It is one of the scents that ALWAYS elicits comments from strangers when I wear it. It has a wonderful citrus and cedar accord to my nose that makes for a very sophisticated wear...

I wasn't a big fan of most of the Montale fragrances I tried, but the best of the bunch were Cuir d'Arabie and Full Incense. Full Incense is not one I could see wearing regularly, however. Greyland was nice, too, but I got almost no longevity out of it.

I'll pile on with the cuir d'arabie vote, Chris...

The new Taj they've just recently put out is a 10/10 which is very unisex for both you and your wife if that's of interest.

My favorites are:
Red Aoud - man the ladies in my office and yoga love this masculine rose scent.
Full Incense - better than CDG Avignon IMHO and last & last!
Blue Amber - what's not to like right Humberto.

:001_smile

Thanks guys--I appreciate the suggestions!

I sent an email to Celine to see if it's possible to get two 50 ml bottles rather than one 100 ml. If that's the case, I'm going to go for the Cuir d'Arabie, Black Aoud and maybe the Red Vetyver as the 20 ml travel bottle. I'll report back when I hear from them in case anybody is interested in that possibility.

I've only sampled the Black aoud and love it. I want to try the red and Cuir d'Arabie. Going to have to get enough samples to know which ones to order as I think you can get 2-50mL bottle with a free 20mL thrown in.

Thanks guys--I appreciate the suggestions!

I sent an email to Celine to see if it's possible to get two 50 ml bottles rather than one 100 ml. If that's the case, I'm going to go for the Cuir d'Arabie, Black Aoud and maybe the Red Vetyver as the 20 ml travel bottle. I'll report back when I hear from them in case anybody is interested in that possibility.

I have ordered from Celine twice. Each time I get a 50 ml for and one for SWMBO and the free 20 ml for me!:001_smile Shipping is also free.

Man now I might have to order Black Aoud, SWMBO & try Cuir d'Arabie again. FAD is really expensive.

Top Bottom