What's new

EJ89 and R41 User?

Someone very recently posted here or in the blade section that they used both the EJ89 and the R41. Would like to know what the shaving differences are between the two (know that one is open comb and one is closed). Think perhaps the post had to do with switching a blade between the two razors. Now I can't find the post, and I wanted to pm the individual!!!

I've used both the EJ DE87 (same as DE89 but with ivory handle) and the R41. The R41 is a somewhat milder shaver (a plus or minus, depending on your point of view). The head on the R41 is lighter and I like the balance of it better than the DE87. A matter of personal preference, really -- they are both excellent razors.

Appreciate the info Viseguy! I, too, have the EJ89 (L in my case) and I love it! Every once in awhile I read about open combs, see that the R41 is well made and a mild shaver, and wonder if I should try one. Haven't really thought it through; suppose if it shaves essentially the same there is no reason to get one, but then again there is the fascination with an open comb!

Last edited:
Top Bottom