What's new

my car build

(or lack there of, depending on how you want to look at it)

I was excited to pull her out of winter storage the other week. heres a view I haven't seen for quite some time. can anyone guess the car?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I dont know what it used to be, but I told you not to park it in this neighborhood!

Im guessing a mitsubishi or subaru

Uh... ...Chrysler Crossfire?

Or at least some sort of Chrysler?

Or does Mercedes, BMW or VW have American production facilities.

Just googled.

On second thought I think it's a VW from the Chattanooga plant. What VW though?...

I'm going to guess a Golf (TDI?).

What are you gonna do with it, is it gonna be a drag or road course car? i've never seen anyone mod a Cougar before, I didn't know it has aftermarket support.

What are you gonna do with it, is it gonna be a drag or road course car? i've never seen anyone mod a Cougar before, I didn't know it has aftermarket support.

its built for road courses. And no there is no aftermarket support, there is no catalog to flip through, nothing that bolts in.... that is 90% of the fun. I'll be posting up a run down of stuff in the coming days.

you should be able to bolt on at least a few svt contour/focus bits

I have the v6 so theres really nothing off the focus that is usable. I do have all the nice svt tour bits on the car (or well beyond). Its actually a pretty good car to pick up for racing, they are cheap, the 3L duratecs out of sables/taurus/escapes are direct bolt ins for the 2.5's and can be picked up for around 300... makes blowing engines not really a concern, and no other work will put out over 200 to the (front) wheels. Suspension wise they are really hard to beat and can corner like a MFer.

I hope its ok to continue posting stuff... not giving any context to this, just kinda a diary of pointless details.

IMRC relocation:

prepping the IMRC:

and thats when my phone died... too dark now to take more pics... more tomorrow.

oh ya, heres some pics while it dries. I just wanted it done.... I'll clean things up vastly some day down the road, I've had my allotment for metal dust for one day.

Top Bottom