What's new

Super Max Super Stainless

Hi,

I been using some of these blades recently (yellow pack) and to my suprise they've been pretty good. However I can't seem to find anymore, I got these from a local £1 shop and since I got them they have never had anymore in.

I've noticed some other Super Max Super Stainless blades in a blue pack, are these the same blades just different packaging?

Has anybody had any experience with the blue packs? are they any good?

Thanks,

According to the most widely quoted source, i.e., rumor, Vidyut changes packaging but most of their blades are the same.

You just have to try 'em for yourself, because you'll not likely find a consensus here (or anywhere else :blink:).

Hi,

I been using some of these blades recently (yellow pack) and to my suprise they've been pretty good. However I can't seem to find anymore, I got these from a local £1 shop and since I got them they have never had anymore in.

I've noticed some other Super Max Super Stainless blades in a blue pack, are these the same blades just different packaging?

Thanks,

I have the blue pack, and they are nice.

I have tried the blue pack Supermax Super Stainless and they were ok, not my favourite blade by any stretch of the imagination. They are excellent if you are shaving on a tight budget and are certainly better than some brands that are 4 times the price.

I have some Super-Max blades from a sampler. The Stainless are in Red/Yellow, but the Platinum are in Gray/Blue. I suppose I should give these guys a try.

Hi,

Thanks,

proxy.php

Just bought this today. :laugh:

I also tried the Supermax Super Stainless yellow-green lately after I had tried the blue so called Super Stainless. But: Be aware that there is a BIG difference in these two blades. And it is really strange...

The outer package of the BLUE Supermax says "Super Stainless", but if you unwrap the blade, it only say's "Stainless" on it, whereas the yellow-green Supermax, unwrapped, clearly say's "Super Stainless" on the blade.

I did some cross testing between these two blades and ther ist NO doubt, that these are different blades - at least for me.

While the blue Supermax Stainless is a solid performer for three shaves, it's performance decreases dramatically. The yellow-green Supermax SUPER STAINLESS excels the blue Stainless in EVERY aspect. They are way sharper, provide closer shave and the longevity is almost double. I get 6 very very good shaves from this blade.

I have also testet the Supermax Platinum (silver-blue package), which is a goooood blade, very very smooth, but not nearly as sharp as the yellow-green Super Stainless.

I think that the Super-Max Super Stainless is one of the most underrated blades around. I am absolutely fascinated by the performance of the blade, by it's sharpness, longevity and by the close and great shaves this blade provides. Not to mention that the cost for this excellent blade is next to nothing, peanuts - really! What is so fascinating with these blades is that they go through the beard like a hot knife throug butter and that my problematic shaving zones (i.e. chin and jar-bone) are history. No other blade, not even the famous Feather was capable of doing the job with the same performance.

This blade, the Super-Max Super Stainless yellow-green, is my abolute winner and I prefer it way over my (now ex-) actual winner, the Astra Superior Platinum in the plastic dispenser (which I still have 800 left).

Super-Max Super Stainless yellow-green is my way to go - I have ordered 5.000 pcs which will be shipped on Wednesday. This will rest me for the rest of my life and I am happy I have found this blade. Great to know, that whatever will happen to the DE market, I will be on the safe side :sleep:

Last edited:
I also tried the Supermax Super Stainless yellow-green lately after I had tried the blue so called Super Stainless. But: Be aware that there is a BIG difference in these two blades. And it is really strange...

The outer package of the BLUE Supermax says "Super Stainless", but if you unwrap the blade, it only say's "Stainless" on it, whereas the yellow-green Supermax, unwrapped, clearly say's "Super Stainless" on the blade.

I did some cross testing between these two blades and ther ist NO doubt, that these are different blades - at least for me.

While the blue Supermax Stainless is a solid performer for three shaves, it's performance decreases dramatically. The yellow-green Supermax SUPER STAINLESS excels the blue Stainless in EVERY aspect. They are way sharper, provide closer shave and the longevity is almost double. I get 6 very very good shaves from this blade.

I have also testet the Supermax Platinum (silver-blue package), which is a goooood blade, very very smooth, but not nearly as sharp as the yellow-green Super Stainless.

I think that the Super-Max Super Stainless is one of the most underrated blades around. I am absolutely fascinated by the performance of the blade, by it's sharpness, longevity and by the close and great shaves this blade provides. Not to mention that the cost for this excellent blade is next to nothing, peanuts - really! What is so fascinating with these blades is that they go through the beard like a hot knife throug butter and that my problematic shaving zones (i.e. chin and jar-bone) are history. No other blade, not even the famous Feather was capable of doing the job with the same performance.

This blade, the Super-Max Super Stainless yellow-green, is my abolute winner and I prefer it way over my (now ex-) actual winner, the Astra Superior Platinum in the plastic dispenser (which I still have 800 left).

Super-Max Super Stainless yellow-green is my way to go - I have ordered 5.000 pcs which will be shipped on Wednesday. This will rest me for the rest of my life and I am happy I have found this blade. Great to know, that whatever will happen to the DE market, I will be on the safe side :sleep:

What a leap of faith!!! 5000 pcs at one go!!! :w00t:

I really hope you don't find a new fav any time soon! :lol:

But congrats on finding a perfect blade for you; I would order in large numbers as well.

This Blades are very good.
Not sharp like Feather or 7 O'clock Sharp Edge,but the shave with this blades is very smooth and confortable.
I ordered 200 of this on ebay: Click Here.

Exactly what you said: Not as sharp as a Feather, but way sharp enough to have outstanding shaves. And in contrary to the Feather, the Super-Max Super Stainless stays sharp even after 4/5 shaves whilst the Feather is declining after the second shave..

One of the big advantages I see compared to the Feather is that I have no irritations and no little nicks... for me it is just perfect :wink2:

What a leap of faith!!! 5000 pcs at one go!!! :w00t:

Yes, Sir! That's right!

But I am a longtime wet shaver and I have seen many good things disappear and they will never come back. Especially in the blade's segment.... very good blades like the Super Iridiums, the Polsilver, and many many other. Or the wonderful shaving soaps like P.160, Gibbs, Yardley, etc. etc. etc....

All that leaded me to hoard things that have proven to be outstanding (at least for me). Too many times I was really frustrated to be unable to buy things because they no longer exist.

I have tried and really tested many many blades from all over the world in several different types of razor. Sometimes I have been very enthusiastic due to fantastic reports and reviews, but I was clever enough to order just a few blades of them. Most time I scratched my head after evaluating the hyped blades and I often asked myself, if my skin or every sense of mine was suffering some disorder.... hummmm..... Finally I was happy not having bought a whole lot. To speak in numbers..... I have at least tested and tried about 40 to 50 differnt blades.... and with the Super-Max Super Stainless yellow-green I found what I was looking for. Believe me... due to still not having found oil in my garden I wouldn't have bought that number if I were not absolutely sure to found MY blade.
Now there may happen whatever will come.... I am on the safe side :wink2:

I agree with RubberDuck. I have good quantities of most of the renown contemporary blades, and found the Yellow-Green SuperMax Super Stainless to be the equal of any.

I like them well enough that I bought 600 of them - Cheap. Really cheap. This guy is selling them for $7 per hundred -- buy one get one free. That's 200 blades for $7 plus $3 and change for postage.

They are the equal of any of the different Gillette 7 O'clocks I have.

-- John Gehman

I finally got round to trying the blue Super Max Super Stainless, and I have to agree that there is a big difference in the quality of shave compared to the green packaged version. I found the blues to be lacking in sharpness and smoothness that the greens have.

Only problem is I am now down to my last green Super Stainless blade. I think I better save it for a special occasion until I find some more.

I agree with RubberDuck. I have good quantities of most of the renown contemporary blades, and found the Yellow-Green SuperMax Super Stainless to be the equal of any.

I like them well enough that I bought 600 of them - Cheap. Really cheap. This guy is selling them for $7 per hundred -- buy one get one free. That's 200 blades for $7 plus $3 and change for postage.

They are the equal of any of the different Gillette 7 O'clocks I have.

-- John Gehman

i just finished with shave #5 with these blades,and it was as good as shave #1,could'nt belive something so cheap would be this good, im glad i got 200

I just tried a Super-Max Super Stainless Blue Plus for the first time and was not impressed. It felt like the blade was dull and was not even cutting. It was not a good shave. I do like the Super-Max line. My favorite in this line is Super-Max “Super” Platinum. I also like the Super-Max Titanium but not sure if it is worth the extra price vs the Super-Max “Super” Platinum. The Super-Max Platinum is just ok.

Top Bottom