What's new

injector razor question

Hello I am new to this site and have been wet shaving for about 2 months. I have a disposable straight razor and a lord tech de razor. I have been reading some great reviews on injector razors and was really interested in trying it out. The draw back is they seem to be much more expensive than de razors. Now my straight razor uses de razors that I cut in half. So I was wondering can I do the same thing with an injector razor and double the amount of blades that I have. I am a poor college student and that was my main reason from getting away from my fusion blade. I just think it would be awesome if you can split the razors but if not I understand and will just keep going with my de razor and straight if I am feeling adventurous.

welcome to the badger....injectors take a special blade that you cant cut in hlf..its cheaper to use your d/e.

I am not sure why you think Injectors are more expensive than DE razors. This ought not to be true, as Injectors are far less popular than DE razors.

2 of the 3 Injectors I own I bought for a couple of dollars at antique/ junks stores. The other one I got brand new off of Ebay, and it cost me around $20.

The Injector blades are extremely cost effective when bought in bulk. :thumbup1:

I am not sure why you think Injectors are more expensive than DE razors. This ought not to be true, as Injectors are far less popular than DE razors.

2 of the 3 Injectors I own I bought for a couple of dollars at antique/ junks stores. The other one I got brand new off of Ebay, and it cost me around $20.

The Injector blades are extremely cost effective when bought in bulk. :thumbup1:

I think the OP is talking about blade expense, not the cost if the razor itself.

To the OP: If you break it down to cost per shave, injector blades are just as cheap if not cheaper than DE blades. I usually get 7-8 great shaves per injector; I get 2 or maybe 3 from the best DE blade I've found. I can buy injectors locally at independent drug stores for around $5 a 7-pack, which works out to about ten cents per shave.

To the OP: If you break it down to cost per shave, injector blades are just as cheap if not cheaper than DE blades. I usually get 7-8 great shaves per injector; I get 2 or maybe 3 from the best DE blade I've found. I can buy injectors locally at independent drug stores for around $5 a 7-pack, which works out to about ten cents per shave.

Right you are. :thumbup1: The SE and injector blades are much thicker, have a much better edge. They last at least twice as long as my DE blades.

As stated, the Injector razors are not that expensive. The Ted Pella / EMS blades are by far the cheapest at about 20 cents each in bulk or during a group buy (the last injector one did not come off). The new Schicks and the NOS ones are at least 60 cents a blade. Maybe try a WTB on Ted Pellas or EMS blades so you can try them....

Ok thanks, I was referring to just the blades and just thought that the price on amazon was ob surd. With shipping it was over $20 with shipping. I guess there are not as many injector brands as there are de brands so I won't have to sample around in order to find a blade that suits me.

Ok thanks, I was referring to just the blades and just thought that the price on amazon was ob surd. With shipping it was over $20 with shipping. I guess there are not as many injector brands as there are de brands so I won't have to sample around in order to find a blade that suits me.

As with SE blades in general, you won't have to muddle through a zillion different blades to find a good injector. There are the Schick 7-blade injector magazines, which are very good, and the Personnas that come in a 20-blade injector which are also good, and cheap, but you have to mail order them.

If you're in the US, go to the Good Neighbor Pharmacy website and search for stores in your area. All the Good Neighbor affiliates around me carry Schick injectors.

Tell you what Matt, I will take your word as being a struggling college student. If you are interested in an Injector Razor, I'll GIVE you this one, if you pay the Priority Mail Flat Rate Shipping of 6.00 bucks to cover it. Also, included blade injector with about 10 blades left (maybe more) I got from EMS( no name personnas). If interested, it's yours.:thumbup1:PM me!

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Tell you what Matt, I will take your word as being a struggling college student. If you are interested in an Injector Razor, I'll GIVE you this one, if you pay the Priority Mail Flat Rate Shipping of 6.00 bucks to cover it. Also, included blade injector with about 10 blades left (maybe more) I got from EMS( no name personnas). If interested, it's yours.:thumbup1:PM me!

Very generous of you!!:thumbup:

I miss my shick injector. But at the time it was getting harder for me to find blades. I wish now, that I had not gotten rid of it.

ur the man, nice of you to do that:thumbup1:....

Yeah DC, very thoughtful and generous...Looks like as soon as he digs how great that one is gonna shave, another one will be won over to the "Light-Side"...:) (to para-phrase,Slivovitch).

Very nice ! :thumbup1::thumbup1:

I fished a 4-pack of Schick injectors (7 blades each) out of the bay for $21.38, free shipping. At six shaves per blade, I'm at roughly $0.13 per shave.

That might be a little high, but if I really like injector shaving - I'll know after this morning !! - I'll search harder for better deals.

Last edited:
I fished a 4-pack of Schick injectors (7 blades each) out of the bay for $21.38, free shipping. At six shaves per blade, I'm at roughly $0.13 per shave.

That might be a little high, but if I really like injector shaving - I'll know after this morning !! - I'll search harder for better deals.

That is where I get mine. I think it worked out to around $0.10 per shave for me, still half of what a cartridge razor costs...

Top Bottom