What's new

Post Your Pictures - Puma

I've owned 4 or 5 over the last year and a half, all excellent. My favourite and the only one I currently own is the 6/8 Puma 52 which is full hollow with a thumb notch and is a super comfortable, wicked shaving razor. It is also the one I've had in my avatar for quite awhile now.

Hey cool! This is my 500th post!

Last edited:
I've owned 4 or 5 over the last year and a half, all excellent. My favourite and the only one I currently own is the 6/8 Puma 52 which is full hollow with a thumb notch and is a super comfortable, wicked shaving razor. It is also the one I've had in my avatar for quite awhile now.

Beauty!!

You are a brave man Gabe, I would never put my puma's that close to the edge. Though I doubt you are nearly as clumsy as I am.

Hah! I don't have any kids and southern New Jersey is not prone to earthquakes.

I was thinking along those lines. Even though it's a picture it still makes me nervous:lol:

I was thinking along those lines. Even though it's a picture it still makes me nervous:lol:

Sorry, Mark! I'll be more careful next time.

Sorry, Mark! I'll be more careful next time.
:lol:

Here are my four Pumas. From the top, left to right:

Puma Special

Puma Gold

Puma Inox Special

Puma Frisseur Freund #1

Of the 50+ razors I own, if I had to choose seven and discard the rest, these four would be among them (probably my Schmidt Bambola, my Palmera, and my W&B Hollow Ground.

I have more beautiful razors than these, and worth more money as well; but when it comes to pure comfortable shaving experience, these are hard to beat.:thumbup1: YMMV, of course.

Sorry about the crappy picture.

Last edited:
Here's my Puma Gold 77 rescaled in yellow G10 (which I didn't want to have to do, but when you clumsily break the original scales you have no other option).

I have a Puma 90 and 91 High Class that I need to get some photos of.

proxy.php

At one stage or another, most straight razor shaver had a look at buying a Puma. Those cats are great shaver and extremely good looking. I only own one, it's not in a top shape but what a shaver!

Hey guys, I've been straight-shaving for all of about month or two, using a "Black Diamond" I got from Larry at Whipped Dog. That got me itchin' to check an antique store. So, popped in a random one and after looking around awhile and not finding any, I asked the guy running the place if he had some. "No, I don't think so," was the answer. So I started walking out, and on the way, I passed a handful of them in a display case. I got him just to grab the 7-8 of them and lemme look. A few were very much hosed, chipped, or just disgusting. There were 3 that looked like they had potential, and one of them had tape holding some scales together. I picked the other two and 25 bucks changed hands and I brought them home. I had no clue what to look for other than Sheffield and Solingen were good, the blades well centered in the scales, and the things just in general "would I want it against my face" kind of shape on the cutting edge. I did a little cleanup, Flitz'ed them up (except for the purdy (very faint) gold wash on the Puma blade), and you see below the results. Right now they are with Larry getting all honed-up. Not to steal the thread, but can someone tell me why I haven't seen the Puma 91 with the beige scales on the web? Happenstance?

proxy.php

link to the non-Puma (Wade and Butcher):
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/SPslxrfVw9Lh3ME2d4QpFsNkpTBlRh9OoEPlvRPpfQ4?feat=directlink

I look forward to the shave with both. Wish me luck! I now have 3 straights and got the itch to stop by some more antique stores...what a lark this is...

Krodor

I've never actually used a Puma even though I've owned many of them. I have two NOS ones that have been sitting around. I'll probably just put them on eBay at some point.

that 52 is now on my short list.. wow... that speaks to me..

I've owned a few Pumas...All I have left are two Puma 89's (one is going to a friend who may buy it), a Puma 52 awaiting restoration, and a Puma Gold 78. Damn, if I'd kept all of mine, I'd have a seven day set of Pumas now. Alas, it was not to be. Here are the pictures I could dig up:

Puma 52
proxy.php

Puma 5
proxy.php

Puma 89
proxy.php

Puma 89
proxy.php

Puma Gold 78
proxy.php

proxy.php

Puma 69
proxy.php

proxy.php

Puma gold 77 (also in Pelicano's post above)
proxy.php

proxy.php

Sorry about the awful photos folks:sad: first one, a special from the bst, wonderful shaver, 2nd, its rough, i god rad, it cost 5 pounds, the third is my newest score, bought last week, it will clean up a treat:001_smile

Attachments

• $DSCF1456.JPG
    $DSCF1456.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 332
  • $DSCF1455.JPG
    $DSCF1455.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 334
Lots of Puma goodness here. Mine can't compare to the awesomeness on display here, but it is a very nice 4/8 Puma. How I got it on the bay for $25 I'll never know.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Top Bottom