What's new

Do you rinse between passes?

I'll give a different story.

I used to assiduously rinse before relathering. Now that I face lather, I find it unnecessary. The lather itself holds to my skin better without it.

I've also found that cutting down on the rinsing during the shave helps the moisture balance of my skin later.

I put water on my face but not with the aim of rinsing off remaining lather, more just trying to add "wet" into the wet-shaving equation.

I do not rinse between passes. I just lather on top of the lather left on my face. I used to wipe my face off between passes, but found that caused irritation.

I've tried rinsing, but then I've found that the lather tends not to "stick" well when my face is wet. I think this may be more of a problem with the lather consistency so far, but adding that extra unmixed water on my face to what seemed like a properly-mixed lather caused the lather to just slide aside and break down. In other words, it seems like the brush just cuts right through the lather layer, so that if I rub the brush against my face, it seems to be removing more lather than it's adding.

Dabbing my face with a towel and then "wiping" the lather on with the sides of the brush seemed to do better for getting the lather to stick and not reduce immediately to a thin film. Perhaps the need to do so is indicative of problems elsewhere.

I do a rinse between every 2-6 passes with almost-scalding hot water, then dry it off on my robe or a towel. I think the heat improves the cutting.

Top Bottom