What's new

MWF puck is too small for the MWF bowl

First thing I did when I got my MWF puck and bowl was to put a few drops of water on the bottom of the puck, then put it in the bowl and slid it around a little bit with light pressure. Then I left it overnight. When I went to shave with it the next morning the puck was stuck firmly to the bottom of the bowl and hasn't moved since. The puck has also started to swell up to fill the space in the bowl.

I'll be darned. I've been using it for several months, but I couldn't remember if the puck really swelled to fit the bowl or not. And I haven't used it in a week or so.
proxy.php

Is soaking the puck the factor making it swell?

Do some of you with swollen pucks not soak it?

How long for it to swell?

I'm just curious; I don't really mind the puck not fitting the bowl, as long as it doesn't move.

The extra space in the MWF Ceramic dish is actually useful for hammering the soap with a boar or badger brush. Most other nice looking bowls for tallow soaps I find are too small to really 'get into' working the puck. Maybe it's just my technique, but with a 3/1 T&H branded Rooney, I'm glad for the extra room.

That's funny because mine seems to be shrinking and splitting in three places. I use it once a week if that matters.

Top Bottom