What's new

I really am an Aqua Velva man

Just noticed my title changed, and it's so true! AV is one of my wife's favorite scents that I rotate through, too. There's something about an Aqua Velva man...:biggrin1:

:ouch1: Salute!

One day (although apparently none too soon), these forums will also recognize my own Aqua Velva Manliness! :001_cool:

Myself and AV Ice Blue didn't get along very well at first...but nothing could seperate us now. Love the stuff. :thumbup:

It's just ok for me. Liked it more in a glass bottle. Now that it comes in Tupperware it seems even less appealing. Funny how the best AV product the ice balm got 86'd. Go figure.

AV Ice Blue is an all American Classic! I got 1 big bottle and 2 small bottles in Glass that I am hording. I have a decanter vinegar bottle I use to put all my AV that comes in the plastic in.

Aqua Velva Ice Blue is truly the American classic of aftershaves. No matter what else I use I always keep it in my rotation.

This is the one Aqua Velva ad I remember (except the recent one with the scary Ken doll looking guys), and thanks to the magic of the internet I can share it with you guys. I like the line about guys who get mud on their uniforms.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roXtPVT2zN0[/YOUTUBE]

Walked by a bottle of AV musk a couple of weeks ago and pointed it out to the wife. She shakes her head and says no way...old man smell. So I sneak back later in the day and pick it up :devil:

After the next shave I splash a little on and as I walk by a few minutes later both her and my daughter make a comment that I smell good. I've been working thru some MB's soap samples and she thought it was one of those. Told her nope, it was that old man AV we saw at CVS.

My daughter seems to love the smell of some of the older scents like that though. Funny for a teenager.

So I guess I am now an official AV man!

A great classic that is available at most drugstores and super marts. Unfortunately, they changed it to a plastic bottle recently. I have a glass bottle that's a couple of years old I just refill.

A great classic that is available at most drugstores and super marts. Unfortunately, they changed it to a plastic bottle recently. I have a glass bottle that's a couple of years old I just refill.

My AV Musk was in a glass bottle. They had lots of them. But I did notice all the other scents were plastic.

My father-in-law gave me a bottle several years back. The big glass bottle before the stores started selling these mini plastic ones. The scent is timeless.

I used the last of it early last year. Although I kept the empty bottle, I haven't replenished my supply is because (in my opinion) the price of those tiny plastic bottles vs the amount you get is ridiculous.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
It continues to work for me. Mostly I like it due to good associations of uncles wearing it. My wife is always appreciative . . . and offers to kill any other females who get close enough to me to enjoy it. So I figure it is a fairly nice scent.

Mike

AV Ice Blue is THE All-American manly after shave.

Inexpensive, soothing, cooling, and great great smell. It just doesn't get any better than that. (jmho, of course, but it should be yours too. :laugh:)

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I have a 7 oz. glass bottle and a 3.5 oz glass bottle that I will refill.

The AV Musk just didn't do it for me.

I also have a bottle of the AV Sport (green) which is nice too.

Every Sunday is a Blue Sunday for me (with very few exceptions).

Great aftershave with a great tradition.

Top Bottom