What's new

Change the look of B&B?

Alright fellas - we're going to be making the move to vB4 soon and our current "skin" isn't going to work in the new system. Yes, we will add a black, "dark" skin for you night owls as an option, but for you folks who use the default skin - any suggestions/requests? Google vB4 skins, etc and you'll find all sorts of options, there are a few here as well (remember, only look at skins that work in vB4).

There's a 99% chance we'll go with one of the recommended styles, so get to it fellas!!

I really like these colours, and so if you can find something like it, I would use it. I would probably go with Aesthetica Blue
Vision Collision looks good. I'm surprised at how much I don't mind SandStorm. Totally Pro is good.

3 of the forums I visit daily have made the switch. It will generate a lot of buzz because many folks don't like change. It's different but it works well and offers some nice enhancements. I like the current color scheme also but I can live with change. Hopefully not overly bright or black as night.

Joel,

Thanks for the opportunity to comment on the proposed changes.

I've looked at most of the skins, and like Shiny Blue the best followed by Royal FLush. I like the contrast in colors, how they keep the blue, and I hope the B&B Blue can somehow be maintained.

What I like about the current format is how easy it is on the eyes, with the different shades of blue offsetting each other.

Last edited:
As much as I'd hate to see the current colors go, I think an upgrade would be pretty cool. The Vision Collision skin seems like it would look good, as would the Royal Flush or Gamer Blue skins.

Hi Guys - PLEASE make sure to include links. Color suggestions/requests are great... but frankly they won't help, and won't influence the decision in any way, shape or form. LINKS with options we can purchase are what we're looking for here folks.

Color Theory, Royal Blue, or Shiny Blue for the regular themes. And Blissfully Simple, Twisted Dark, or Underground Style for the After Dark skins.

Thanks for asking us Joel! When will the upgrade happen?

As soon as we can figure out a few work arounds (one of which is the review engine which we'll have to migrate to another system, and the other the forum skin). Hopefully next week.

Last edited:
Alright fellas - we're going to be making the move to vB4 soon and our current "skin" isn't going to work in the new system. Yes, we will add a black, "dark" skin for you night owls as an option, but for you folks who use the default skin - any suggestions/requests? Google vB4 skins, etc and you'll find all sorts of options, there are a few here as well (remember, only look at skins that work in vB4).

There's a 99% chance we'll go with one of the recommended styles, so get to it fellas!!

http://www.completevb.com/product/23
http://www.completevb.com/product/11
http://www.completevb.com/product/16

my 3 choices.

marty

Something akin to the current light blue colors, or as close as you can get, would be my vote.

Never been a fan of pure white or very dark forum skins.

Top Bottom