What's new

Red Sox vs. Yankees

Is anyone else as excited as I am about this series this weekend?

Will Clemens pitch Sunday? Any guesses?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The way the Yankees are playing, I fear that they're going to get shellacked, Clemens or not.

Sue,

This could get real ugly - very fast....:biggrin:

As a former east coaster from NJ and a Red Sock fan.... wait wait it will start....

the Yankees will get their spanking this weekend :badger:

There I have said it and being in AZ I feel relatively safe...:biggrin: :biggrin:

LOL, well as a lifelong Red Sox fan, I've seen enough series between these 2 teams to know that the adrenalin seems to flow just a little stronger when they meet, so anything could happen.

That's what makes it so exciting!

Torre announced that Clemens will be held to pitch Monday vs. the White Sox, not the Red Sox.

Sox are Skipping Tavarez this weekend, so the matchups will be:

6/1 Wang vs Wakefield
6/2 Mussina vs Schilling
6/3 Pettitte vs Beckett

I really like that matchup for the sox. I think it promises at least one win, with a better than average chance for a sweep. Skipping Tavarez means potentially that he can be used out of the pen to provide some quality innings.

This season is fun.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
We'll see how much fun it is for you when you run into the "other" NY team this October. :lol:

If I'm not pulling for my Royals(I'm holding out hope for them to be decent again someday) I root for the Sox. A buddy of mine from school is now at grad school at MIT and we stayed with him for a few days last summer and went to the Royals/Red Sox game. Boston (especially Fenway) is one of my favorite places I've been.

Jeff

Clemens is pitching terribly in the minors. I can't imagine what he'll do. But he does have lots of experience and that counts. Personally though I can't stand him. I felt the same way growing up seeing him at Fenway as well, though. His attitude is terrible.

Though in reality I don't think he'll make an impact, Clemens isn't a team player. He's a deserving superstar, but not a team player, the Yanks need to realign their TEAM, a guy like Clemens usually can't do that.

I hope I won't have to eat my words.

Go Sox!

This season IS fun. The thing I'm enjoying the most is that the Sox are playing as a team. Manny and Ortiz haven't yet really opened up as they usually do, but Youkilis and Lowell have delivered big time. Pitching has been consistently good, and they still have Lester almost ready to come back.

To be fair, the Yankees do have a lot of talent, and are always formidable if they get their act together. Which I hope doesn't happen til Monday LOL!

I'm in overdrive replenishing soaps between now and Friday night, cuz there won't be a lot of soapmaking done this weekend.

Go Sox!!!

I think Saturday's game is on Fox @3:30 Eastern time.

<RANT>

Only if those *(%$* at Fox decide that you are worthy of watching the Red Sox / Yankees game. See, what many of you might not be aware of is that Fox has a MONOPOLY on the broadcast of all MLB games on Sunday before 4:00PM EST.

I live in Dallas, am a Red Sox fan, and pay close to $200 per year for MLB Extra Innings package on DirecTv. However, if the Red Sox are playing a day game on Sunday, something they are contractually required to do by MLB for Fox's sake, then it is a crapshoot whether I can watch the game.

Usually I get Cards games or some west coast crap because it is "divisional" and Fox thinks that since I live in Dallas I must give a crap about the Ranger's division. I don't even get the option of watching it on a fox feed on my MLB package.

My response:

I won't watch the Fox network. Period. No 24, no Fox news, nothing. Well, except house - that show rocks.

</RANT>

Just checked the schedule....Saturday's game is 3:55 PM on Fox. Sunday's game starts at 8:05 PM.

Being from NY originally, I think I must be one of the few who root for the Sox. Why? Because it's much more interesting to see Georgy blow his top and fire baseball people because he wants to win now.

Any day now he will get rid of Cashman and put someone in there who will denude their minor leagues of talent to bring a few more stars to the Apple.

I admire George for his persistence and willingness to spend $$$, but it makes for great theater when the results don't add up. :biggrin:

Marty

Top Bottom