What's new

Is razorock re-packaged P.160?!?!

Ok.. Someone might have already addressed this question...

The reviews say razorock smells like "sweet almonds with a hint of cherry"--exactly the way I feel about p.160.

Now, italianbarber.com says that razorock "is the same company that used to distribute the legendary barbershop favorite, P.160", which leads me to believe that this stuff just may be re-packaged P.160.

Where is Marco??? I suppose Marco has the answer :lol:

I love P.160 and I am quite depressed that it is no longer available; but if it is still carried under a different name I will continue to acquire it.

I thought RazoRock was supposed to be veggie-based? I've just ordered three of them, I hope I didn't make a boo-boo (I try to avoid tallow).

I thought RazoRock was supposed to be veggie-based? I've just ordered three of them, I hope I didn't make a boo-boo (I try to avoid tallow).

Ok, I just tracked down the recipe for razorock and you are right, it does NOT have tallow.

This is good for you, but tallow soaps are my favorite.

It is repackaged Fitness shave cream.

Clipped from Joe's site:

Some of you knowledgeable wet shaving enthusiasts may ask... Is this the same formula used in Figaro and Fitness? IT CERTAINLY IS! We have no reason to hide that fact, but we still want to give you the reason why we chose to market this great “soft soap” under the RazoRock brand. One word... PRICE!

Now, italianbarber.com says that razorock "is the same company that used to distribute the legendary barbershop favorite, P.160", which leads me to believe that this stuff just may be re-packaged P.160.

I love P.160 and I am quite depressed that it is no longer available

They no longer make P.160, but I believe that the Italian Barber.com still has some stock. You can get it for around $20.

They no longer make P.160, but I believe that the Italian Barber.com still has some stock. You can get it for around $20.

1kg is $50.

He also sells smaller chunks.

As is mentioned above, the smells are similar, but RazoRock is rebranded Figaro or Fitness. A very high quality veggie soap/cream. One of my favs (just ordered the Fresco and XXX, along with some other stuff last night).

I already have the brick of p.160

Knowing that the stuff that is still in production is not the same :bored:.

I will just enjoy my brick

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
RazoRock is NOT P.160. RazoRock is exactly the same as Figaro and Fitness and is manufactured by Biochimica SpA, that was also the official distributor of the legendary P.160. The soap that currently has more similarities with P.160 for scent, lather and performance is Vitos Extra Super made by Susan Darnell.

RazoRock is NOT P.160. RazoRock is exactly the same as Figaro and Fitness and is manufactured by Biochimica SpA, that was also the official distributor of the legendary P.160. The soap that currently has more similarities with P.160 for scent, lather and performance is Vitos Extra Super made by Susan Darnell.

Joe (Italianbarber.com) shipped my Vitos Extra Super today. I'll use it the first morning after it arrives and post a note relative to it similarity to my beloved P.160 Tipo Morbido.

Please, please, please USA customs. Be nice to me.

--james

I read somewhere that P.160 was made by a guy that has now retired. the razorock cream is distributed by the same company but is not the same formulation.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Joe (Italianbarber.com) shipped my Vitos Extra Super today. I'll use it the first morning after it arrives and post a note relative to it similarity to my beloved P.160 Tipo Morbido.

Please, please, please USA customs. Be nice to me.

--james

James, please keep in mind that P.160 and Vitos Extra Super are only similar, but not the same soap. Anyhow Italian Master Barbers are very happy with this relatively new soft soap and have finally found a worth successor for P.160.

I didn't realize this soap had been discontinued. I think I'll pass on trying it now, as I don't want to fall in love, and then have my heart broken because it's no longer available. :blush:

James, please keep in mind that P.160 and Vitos Extra Super are only similar, but not the same soap. Anyhow Italian Master Barbers are very happy with this relatively new soft soap and have finally found a worth successor for P.160.
Curious here: why would barbers herald Vitos as a successor to P.160 if Cella is available?

Last edited:
Curious here: why would barbers herald Vitos as a successor to P.160 if Cella is available?

Excellent question!!! I have been curious about same thing. Moreover, why Italian master barbers had used p160 as their staple soap over cella? I remember Marco even said he truely believes that cella is the finest soap in the world. I am not disagreeing with Marco, but I am intrigued. :)

I ordered it primarily because of your reviews, deciding against getting another kilo or two of P.160 from the italianbarber.com. I figured if I were going to have to change, I might as well start experimenting now. I'm confident the Vitos Extra Super, although different, will be very good.

I'm looking forward to trying it.

--james

I don't know what everyone loves about Cella so much. I think it is good but I am on the fence with it compared to other soaps. It is still in my top 7 or so but far from my number 1. I would say that the razorock in definitely in my top 2 or 3. Maybe I am not using Cella properly, not sure.

I'm looking to buy a RazoRock soap and was wondering which scent I should buy. I'm a big fan of Cella and wanted to try it but I definitely don't want to buy all 4.. and why is 'xxx' more expensive than the others? perhaps its got a pic of a naked girl inside?:blink:

what do you think is a better buy? Acca Kappa or Valobra Almond shaving cream/soap?

thanks!

The reviews say razorock smells like "sweet almonds with a hint of cherry"

This is quite accurate for the original scent. It works great and if wasn't so addicted to buying, I would probably use it every day.

Top Bottom